LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Playoff matchup

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MarkD:
The Packers because they can't run the ball. We have a harder time with teams that have good running backs. If Justin Smith isn't at 100% the Packers would be the easier team. We also match up better with them because they are more of a finesse team. You punch them in the mouth and they shut down.

The Packers it is...Christian Ponder is OUT for today's game.
GB is the heavy favorite with Ponder inactive for the Vikes. The Vikes may actually be better with Webb at QB. He's as raw as they come, but he has some playmaking ability with his legs.
Originally posted by strickac:
GB is the heavy favorite with Ponder inactive for the Vikes. The Vikes may actually be better with Webb at QB. He's as raw as they come, but he has some playmaking ability with his legs.

Although they have no 'tape' on him, could be an advantage, but yeah, no matter who hands it off to AP it doesn't matter, but GB still wins this one.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by MarkD:
The Packers because they can't run the ball. We have a harder time with teams that have good running backs. If Justin Smith isn't at 100% the Packers would be the easier team. We also match up better with them because they are more of a finesse team. You punch them in the mouth and they shut down.

The Packers it is...Christian Ponder is OUT for today's game.

Not a big deal Adrian Peterson basically carried the entire offense anyway. I mean that literally Adrian Peterson is their entire offense and the only reason they are in the playoffs in the first place. He has a good chance of carrying them past Green Bay unfortunately.
Honestly, I'd rather see GB. Not for the reasons you may think. I love the 49ers, but I also love good football. Aside from SF and GB, there isnt any team in the NFC that I would want to watch in the SB. The hype around either Wilson or RG3 would drive me crazy, and while both of those teams are getting better, I cant see myself enjoying watching them play the likes of NE or DEN. Atlanta has got to be one of my least favorite teams to watch. Sort of like watching paint dry. The Vikes could be fun to see, but aside from Peterson, its not real good football.

If we earn the right to go to the Superbowl, that means we should be the next best team in line. To me, thats GB. I could still hang my head high if they beat us, any of the other ones, the season would have been a waste.
I'm mentally scarred from the 90's. I don't want to play GB no matter what.
So far looks like that GB cannot stop the run. If we play GB I hope to see Gore and LMJ and Kap running all over them.
Minn is running well, but GB is doing whatever they want as well. I have no confidence in Minnesota being able to keep pace. I thought the same thing last week though and the surprised the heck out of me.
Let's go BIRD HUNTING... Seahawks, Falcons & Ravens!!! Winning the SUPER HARBOWL would be friggin sweet!!!!!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
seachickens

Originally posted by eman:
Who do you want to play and why?
Packers?
Seahawks?
Redskins?

Discuss!

Me personally I'd love to face seacrooks because nothing will make me happier than beating them! I don't care if they are supposed to be the toughest competition

Actually I think the Packers would be the toughest competition, they play really well away and you can never count Rodgers out. Personally I would love to beat the snot out of the Seacocks. I can't stand Carroll or their fans - go Niners!
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I'm mentally scarred from the 90's. I don't want to play GB no matter what.

Yep. I dont think the Packers scare me as much as the aura of the GB Packers. They did some major damage to us in the 90s/00s, and it scares the hell out of me knowing we face them.

But I do think we are a better team than they are this year. The last time I felt that confident was when we played them in the 97 NFCC game, and we all know how that turned out.
Share 49ersWebzone