Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • eman
  • Veteran
Who do you want to play and why?
Packers?
Seahawks?
Redskins?

Discuss!

Me personally I'd love to face seacrooks because nothing will make me happier than beating them! I don't care if they are supposed to be the toughest competition
I want to beat Denver !
Honestly, it doesn't matter to me. At this point, I just want a healthy 49er team and a cohesive offense. But if I were to pick one, I'd probably pick the Packers. I respect the hell out of Rodgers so to see our defense give him a beatdown like we (almost) did with Brady would make me uber happy. I love it when we face elite QBs.
Packers

Just so the interception/TD play will not have impacted the season (other than giving us home field in this game)
[ Edited by 49erfaithful49 on Jan 5, 2013 at 10:03 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
Packers

Just so the interception/TD play will not have impacted the season (other than giving us home field in this game)

If the Vikes beat the Packers then they don't deserve to move on; fail mary will be irrelevant. They're as healthy as they've been all season too, so they can't make excuses if they lose.

I want Washing BTW.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I"d say Seattle, but I don't even wanna give them the glory of winning one playoff game. I want them one and done. It would be nice to play them at our house again. I have a feeling we'd destroy them.
I'm hoping for the Packers.

I'd rather not play the Sea-scum until we are healed. They get away w/a lot of cheap stuff. Yet - They are an old school physical team like we are BUT w/out the injuries we have.

We'll need to heal a bit more. Basically, we're down to 2 WR and Vernon, one more injury and our chances of the SBowl are greatly reduced.
Packers, then Falcons to get to the Superbowl. In the Superbowl, who cares. Broncos, to see Kaepernick outgun Manning. Texans because they're from Texas. Ravens because it would be the Harbowl. Patriots because on a neutral field, we'll run all over them. Bengals, because three beat downs in different era Superbowls would be hard for Collingsworth to stomach...
i wanna play the packers. I would be PISSED if we lost to an inferior team like the redskins and seahawks. If we lost to GB, then I wouldn't be mad; disappointed, but not mad.

To be the man, you have to beat the man. In order for the niners to deserve to go to the superbowl, they must beat the best team in the NFC.
I want the Packers , because we matched up good with a team that doesn't run the ball well. It let our defense either play coverage or be aggressive and go after the passer, depending on the situation. We are less aggressive when we played against teams that can run the ball. Bending, then maybe breaking in the redzone. Minny and Seahawks are the ones I rather we not face. Washington, I think, is a wildcard. I think they can run the ball, but with RG3 they just have another dimension that gives us trouble also.

What happened to the clamp down in the redzone like last year. We were so good last year. Not so good this year.

• Happs
  • Veteran
In the first game, anyone.

In the second game, anyone besides Atlanta.

That way I can go to two playoff games at the Stick!!!
Originally posted by Happs:
In the first game, anyone.

In the second game, anyone besides Atlanta.

That way I can go to two playoff games at the Stick!!!

I wanna beat the Shecawks so bad in the Playoffs.....its not even funny
Packers will be a tough matchup. We had the advantage with Alex Smith in Week 1 bc his conservaball approach allowed us to chew up the clock and keep Rodgers on the sidelines. Kaep is more of a "kill-shot" QB. He's going to make the game into a shootout (ala Pats) and this will favor the Packers.

I still think we will beat them, but it wont be by squeezing the life out of them. We'll likely have to outscore them in a high scoring game.

The Seahawks...meh. Not worried at all. They're a great home team, but I dont think they stand a chance against us at Candlestick.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
The Packers because they can't run the ball. We have a harder time with teams that have good running backs. If Justin Smith isn't at 100% the Packers would be the easier team. We also match up better with them because they are more of a finesse team. You punch them in the mouth and they shut down.
Share 49ersWebzone