There are 209 users in the forums

2013 opponents

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by rxrunner:
bank on it

I remember making such a call when Jimmy Johnson stepped down from his post as Cowboys Head Coach.
A lot of the tougher matchups we have as home games. The Saints and Seawhawks AWAY will be tough. Packers and Falcons will be tough at home. Redskins are the wildcard. Give and take a couple wins from the aforementioned and add them as losses to the Rams or Seahawks and I see another 11-5 or 12-4 record.

With that said, you're looking at a dangerous Kaepernick with an entire offseason to master the playbook. With returning options of Hunter, Williams, and Manningham. And hopefully one or two FAs to shore up the dline / cornerback position.

Take out the Alex Smith controversy in all this, and I really feel that the Niners are going to play with a MAJOR vendetta in 2013. Kaep makes this offense look explosive, and we had the highest point avg in the playoffs (30+) and the number 2 rated QB in the playoffs (number 6 for regular season). This offense is going to be downright dominant.

If we can improve in the CB position, I think we'll blow through the NFC.
Guys, nothing is a sure thing. I keep hearing we are going to be back but it's not guaranteed. Remember, back in the day when we were winning all those superbowls there was no salary cap. Nowadays, players come and go and injuries can play a huge part too. Got to take advantage of the opportunites when given. Seattle and the Rams will be tough also the Cards won't be as bad as this year. The season is always long nothing guaranteed....
11 or 12 wins i see easy, much easier schedule this time around, i see a one seed out of this, redemption year i hope.
49ers vs patriots superbowl.
The Seahawks have a tougher schedule next season, for sure. @ ATL, HOU, IND and NYG?? LOL. Plus us and the Rams 4 times, NO and MIN? Good luck with that! They'll probably make it to the playoffs, but that's a rough schedule.

As far as us, I'm with the Super Optimists in this thread. I'm not joking, I think our offense is in a new league now. We're going to dominate offensively, like the Patriots do and I see us at 13-3 or better because our defense is better than theirs has been. We're definitely going to win more than one SB in the next couple years as long as our D steps up.

I say, get KC, JAX, OAK, PHI, CLE, ARI, BUF, NYJ, MIA on the phone and have them "compete" to give us their early 2nd for 2 more years of Alex at $8MM/year and probably longer. We need brute bodies on the D-Line, maybe a tight end to replace DLove... trade up, or whatever (no more reaching, like with Jenkins).

Maybe consider Aldon going back to a situational rushers role? He was non-existent without Cowboy.

I have a feeling, if our D can get back to how it was last year, our team next year is going to go all 1990 55-10 on some poor team next year.
Originally posted by 84SheepDog:
The Seahawks have a tougher schedule next season, for sure. @ ATL, HOU, IND and NYG?? LOL. Plus us and the Rams 4 times, NO and MIN? Good luck with that! They'll probably make it to the playoffs, but that's a rough schedule.

As far as us, I'm with the Super Optimists in this thread. I'm not joking, I think our offense is in a new league now. We're going to dominate offensively, like the Patriots do and I see us at 13-3 or better because our defense is better than theirs has been. We're definitely going to win more than one SB in the next couple years as long as our D steps up.

I say, get KC, JAX, OAK, PHI, CLE, ARI, BUF, NYJ, MIA on the phone and have them "compete" to give us their early 2nd for 2 more years of Alex at $8MM/year and probably longer. We need brute bodies on the D-Line, maybe a tight end to replace DLove... trade up, or whatever (no more reaching, like with Jenkins).

Maybe consider Aldon going back to a situational rushers role? He was non-existent without Cowboy.

I have a feeling, if our D can get back to how it was last year, our team next year is going to go all 1990 55-10 on some poor team next year.

I nominate the Tennessee Titans for the beatdown.
Since the Super Bowl was just played last night and the 49ers losing it, the last thing on my mind is their next year's schedule. Next season is so far away.
I'm talking about in the SB. But, I'm sure we'll curb-stomp a couple fools during the season. I can feel it!
And, keep in mind that one of our away games is in London, so it's an away game for the Jaguars as well. Plus, we get some of our toughest opponents, the Falcons, Packers, Texans and Colts, at home.

Meanwhile the Seahawks schedule will be much harder. They've got to play the Falcons, Giants and Texans in away games.

Plus, the NIners get an entire off season to figure out the Seahawks. I don't worry about the Rams. My prediction is that by the end of next season, the Rams loss and tie will look like flukes.

I can see 14-2, hosting the playoffs, going to New Jersey for next year's Super Bowl and winning it with a much more seasoned elite QB in Kaepernick.

I figure this is an easier schedule than last year...

11-13 wins seems doable.
Hope we play at Tenn or at Wash the game before the Jags game in London for easier travel, then have the bye week. Also think the last game of season should be at home against the Rams, to close the 'Stick with longest rival.
HIGHLY LIKELY OPENER

vs. Atlanta -Sunday Night

POTENTIAL SNF APPEARANCES

vs. Green Bay
vs. Indy
at. Seattle

MNF GAMES
vs. Houston
vs. Carolina

AMERICA'S GAME OF THE WEEK (FOX)
at. New Orleans
vs. Seattle

All others will either be 1 PM EDT start or 4:25 PM EDT start. (subject to change)

HARD TO DETERMINE DUE TO A PLAYER
at. Washington

Anything on SEE BS should be designated as
"Ted Robinson Audio Days".
[ Edited by robniner on Feb 5, 2013 at 7:43 AM ]
I think our schedule looks tough as hell! Home games or not, those are some TOUGH opponents!
i think we go either 13-3 or 14-2, strongly believe we beat the odds again and get another bye week (this time really earning it, instead of getting it handed to us).
Share 49ersWebzone