LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 368 users in the forums

Mario Manningham has a Torn ACL and PCL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Huego:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by TDNiners:
This just in!!!!!!

Vernon is going to be replaced by Celek for the rest of the season and playoffs.

Harbaugh - "Celek looked good tonight and he has potential. I feel this is the right time to go with this move".

Are you pulling our leg or is this for real? If not, then when/where did Harbaugh say this? If true, iIt's a ringing vote of no-confidence in VD.

are you always this gullible?

I too have found this exceedingly strange. It's almost like Harbaugh still has a college coach mentality: you don't play freshmen unless you absolutely have to. IMO we only have one really good WR - Crabtree. Like you say, you'd think that your first-rounder should get at least a little game experience in case he shows real potential.. Lord knows, the team needs some help on the outside.

Same with LMJ. He was forced into action out of neccessity without having any game experience. He is only now showing signs of life. And may prove really good. He looked good catching passes out there at the end.

Its this stupid logic of "this team is so deep." Falls in line with "Oh the offense doesn't suck, its just Roman is saving the good stuff for the playoffs."

No, after today we've discovered that they really aren't all that deep and can't afford to be drafting guys and then sitting them for a full season.
manningham gets hurt way too easily...he needs to put on some muscle

I guy jumped and landed on his lower leg at a horrific angle. Doesn't matter who you are, you knee is gonna blow out.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I guy jumped and landed on his lower leg at a horrific angle. Doesn't matter who you are, you knee is gonna blow out.

Time to call T.O if were not going to suit AJ
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

I mean - what exactly is it that is keeping AJ from playing? Can he not catch? Doesn't know the playbook? I just don't understand why he can't break the rotation.
  • vaden
  • Veteran

Seriously This.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I too have found this exceedingly strange. It's almost like Harbaugh still has a college coach mentality: you don't play freshmen unless you absolutely have to. IMO we only have one really good WR - Crabtree. Like you say, you'd think that your first-rounder should get at least a little game experience in case he shows real potential.. Lord knows, the team needs some help on the outside.

Same with LMJ. He was forced into action out of neccessity without having any game experience. He is only now showing signs of life. And may prove really good. He looked good catching passes out there at the end.

Its this stupid logic of "this team is so deep." Falls in line with "Oh the offense doesn't suck, its just Roman is saving the good stuff for the playoffs."

No, after today we've discovered that they really aren't all that deep and can't afford to be drafting guys and then sitting them for a full season.

I have been saying this basically since the start of the season. It did, and continues to fall on deaf ears.

It looked bad for sure. Kaeps indecision on that throw was about as bad as i have ever seen. He doesnt delay on that thro and its probally a decent positive gain.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

It looked bad for sure. Kaeps indecision on that throw was about as bad as i have ever seen. He doesnt delay on that thro and its probally a decent positive gain.

I initially thought the same thing, but if you watch the replay, it shows the outside linebacker jumping into the passing lane, the pass would have been deflected had Kaepernick not pump faked.

What really made me mad was the lack of a pass-interference call on the previous play when Randy Moss went deep. A spot foul brings the ball to the 1-yard, giving us SOME momentum.

It just was not our night.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

I mean - what exactly is it that is keeping AJ from playing? Can he not catch? Doesn't know the playbook? I just don't understand why he can't break the rotation.

waste of pick

Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by mayo49:

waste of pick

people were saying that about james too but james seems legit to me. i think jenkins is just taking a long time to learn the playbook or they think hes too thin to play right now. id rather he not play if he doesnt know the plays. remember when crabs missed camp when we got our yearly new OC and he was running the wrong routes and tipping up INTs? i think jenkins will get involved soon now that our receiving corps is getting tore up
What is the story with WIlliams? Knee ? how long?
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for kemp_j.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
time to sign T.O.............

And AJ Jenkins will still remain inactive...........

Yeah, whats up with that guy? Why aren't they playing him?
Originally posted by hardcore49er:
What is the story with WIlliams? Knee ? how long?

Nvm lol hes on IR.

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
I initially thought the same thing, but if you watch the replay, it shows the outside linebacker jumping into the passing lane, the pass would have been deflected had Kaepernick not pump faked.

What really made me mad was the lack of a pass-interference call on the previous play when Randy Moss went deep. A spot foul brings the ball to the 1-yard, giving us SOME momentum.

It just was not our night.

This! The stinking ref's were blind to all the holding, grabbing an shoving on both sides of the ball for Seattle............
Share 49ersWebzone