There are 254 users in the forums

Mario Manningham has a Torn ACL and PCL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
so is Manningham done for the year?. This feels like last year going into the Playoffs thin at WR

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
so is Manningham done for the year?. This feels like last year going into the Playoffs thin at WR

It looks like Manningham is done. I think the 49ers need to start designing some plays for Jenkins and have Ted Ginn out there with Moss and Crabs. We aren't nearly as bad as last season. We had Crabtree then Swain (!!!) and Hastings (!!!)
Manningham is as brittle as grandma's bone china. He stays hurt. This will be the 3rd time this season he's missed games. So now we have Crabtree,grandpa Moss,Jenkins who hasn't caught a pass all year and Ted I'm really not a receiver Ginn. We're done.
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
I initially thought the same thing, but if you watch the replay, it shows the outside linebacker jumping into the passing lane, the pass would have been deflected had Kaepernick not pump faked.

What really made me mad was the lack of a pass-interference call on the previous play when Randy Moss went deep. A spot foul brings the ball to the 1-yard, giving us SOME momentum.

It just was not our night.

This! The stinking ref's were blind to all the holding, grabbing an shoving on both sides of the ball for Seattle............

Yup. Probably didn't want to hear thunderous boos for making a call. That was PI on moss in the endzone for sure.

Its ok, When it rains, it pours. SEA got their blowout, but we'll still get the division and a possible bye.

I'm pretty confident GB will lose to MINN at the dome.
  • Tman
  • Veteran

yea he is done fo sho.....if you watch the replay of the injury and slow it down you can actually see the bone pull off of his knee underneath the skin....it kinda bulges out
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:

It looks like Manningham is done. I think the 49ers need to start designing some plays for Jenkins and have Ted Ginn out there with Moss and Crabs. We aren't nearly as bad as last season. We had Crabtree then Swain (!!!) and Hastings (!!!)

Bolded wont happen at all. Teddy didn't see a SINGLE offensive snap despite losing Davis early and Rio later in the game. Instead Walker saw 44 snaps(77%) as #1 TE and WR. Ginn has clearly worn out his welcome with us.
Originally posted by sfout:

Bolded wont happen at all. Teddy didn't see a SINGLE offensive snap despite losing Davis early and Rio later in the game. Instead Walker saw 44 snaps(77%) as #1 TE and WR. Ginn has clearly worn out his welcome with us.

We still have the 3 I named and delanie and Vern will be back
  • Tman
  • Veteran

Its tough to say if vernon will be back starting again, Celek's palms seemed pretty warm last night
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Manningham is as brittle as grandma's bone china. He stays hurt. This will be the 3rd time this season he's missed games. So now we have Crabtree,grandpa Moss,Jenkins who hasn't caught a pass all year and Ted I'm really not a receiver Ginn. We're done.

yup he's the Jonas Jennings of WRs
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Harbaugh said the same thing last week with Justin and by Friday it was a different tune, I think he even termed Alex's concussion as "mild" and it took him 2 weeks to pass the tests. Every case is different but the return date for Vernon is not set in stone. We're in the playoffs, its just the seeding up in the air, yea we want the bye but dont expect us to rush Vernon back next week against just as beastly of a defense as any, even if he passes the tests this week he'll barely play, if at all.

Expect the coaches to play it safe and let Vernon heal up until the (more likely) wildcard or potentially an entire extra week of recovery if/when we beat AZ and if/when the Vikings beat the Packers(slightly less likely because it involves another teams success against a much better team). Last thing we need is for Vernon to get knocked again and be out for all of the playoffs.

Yes we have proven players in Moss and Crabtree but Jenkins is still a mystery, he'll get snaps next week as it is imperative he gets his feet under him before he goes against a playoff caliber team, possibly on the road if the Vikings dont pull of the upset.

Still only having 4 WRs in Crabtree, Moss, Jenkins, Ginn -- only 2 of them known to be worth a damn is not a good position to be in for the playoffs. Expect us to promote Lockette or Hall. Which isn't much better then what we had last year, only difference is we have a future HOFer on the roster in Moss and Crabtree is finally healthy. Even then we barely have enough talent to do a 3 Wideout set, especially if Vernon is out they will just double Crabtree and Moss and make Jenkins or Walker and our ground game beat them. The biggest consolation is that Jenkins had at worst round 2 talent so we can try and stay warm and fuzzy about our chances.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 24, 2012 at 4:56 PM ]

Lookin forward to seeing Garrett Celek out there.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
time to sign T.O.............

I'd rather re-sign Isaac Bruce.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Kolohe:
time to sign T.O.............

I'd rather re-sign Isaac Bruce.

I'd rather sign Jerry Rice
  • THEB
  • Veteran
@AdamSchefter
More brutal injuries: 49ers wide receiver Mario Manningham tore his ACL and PCL Sunday night vs. Seattle. Done for season.
:(
Share 49ersWebzone