LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Week 14: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by vrabbit:
you're referring to the Diamond Formation, I love it too http://smartfootball.com/offense/the-diamond-formation-and-other-multi-back-pistol-sets

Yep, that formation. Interesting, didn't realize Holgorsen made it popular. I feel like I've seen college teams using the formation for quite a while. ASU ran it quite a bit last year under Mazzone as a goal line run formation that worked really well.
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
any links to where I can re-watch the game?

I think the NFL has a service to do that, but not sure. I personally record all of the games to my DVR and then capture them to my computer. I've been recording games since the early 90's on Video Tape, but don't have the tapes anymore as I would record over them the next season.

I've been capturing them to my PC since 2010 so I have all the games from the last three seasons (including this one) captured in HD.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

you can download them from pirate bay

Arch49er on facebook.
Anyone see Staley tell Kap to let it roll after a play where he audibled?
Originally posted by real9erfan:

Arch49er on facebook.

Yet more observations:

1. CK is being used like a Super-Alex. Other teams are trying to keep it that way by making him throw short passes over and over, hoping for that third down fail.

2. Somebody has to steal JH's red flag. Please.

3. Is the stupid check down thing paying off in any way at all?

4. As many here have pointed out, the TEs on other teams get reception, Davis does not. What is the deal?
Originally posted by Marvin49:

I think the NFL has a service to do that, but not sure. I personally record all of the games to my DVR and then capture them to my computer. I've been recording games since the early 90's on Video Tape, but don't have the tapes anymore as I would record over them the next season.

I've been capturing them to my PC since 2010 so I have all the games from the last three seasons (including this one) captured in HD.

NFL.com has a service called NFL Game Rewind for people living in the US. Though you have to pay for it.

I'm overseas in Asia and I rewatch games using NFL Game Pass for people living abroad
if we can just time a well called slant...we might be able to take it to the house, if teams are going to be playing off coverage while blitzing.

as far as what defenses are doing right now..its not that hard for us to be able to move up and down the field on these guys if we just don't hurt ourselves.

a few of those 3rd downs situations against the Dolphins, we put ourselves in 3rd and 15+ situations. We did a good job passing the ball against the Rams..we converted alot of 1st downs and we were in the mid 40 percent converting our 3rd downs..

so we just have to not overthink things....you know, just get a play called...get to the LOS early...let the defense shift around if they want ...make up our minds...and hike the ball. Teams that don't have talented physically gifted personnel are the ones who have to be extra creative.....we have athletes all over, we just need to use them.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Touchdowns are being added to Brandon Lloyds career from 05 as we speak.

that explains alot!!

What capture software do you use?
Originally posted by darkknight49:

What capture software do you use?

I think it's called TotalMedia Extreme or something like that. I got a box from Frys that connectes via component cables to the back of the DVR and the TV. It send the signal to my computer via a USB cable. The software came with the box.
LOL...looks like this thread got kinda hosed when it was merged....now shows Denali as the person who started it. He must have posted his thread before I posted mine.

All Well...just kinda looks funky now and out of order.

Sucks dude. Mods have gotten merge-happy w/your rewatches, and it is not an improvement.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
LOL...looks like this thread got kinda hosed when it was merged....now shows Denali as the person who started it. He must have posted his thread before I posted mine.

Sucks dude. Mods have gotten merge-happy w/your rewatches, and it is not an improvement.

Agreed.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

LOL. No worries. I don't mind. It just creates a problem when they merge a thread that was started BEFORE I created mine. It takes the initial post out of the top spot and makes it look like someone else authored the thread. No biggy tho.
Share 49ersWebzone