LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 161 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Got over it quickly. I know this week will be dedicated to getting akers cut and complaining about greg romans play calling. But watch us dominate against the dolphins and everyone will fall in love with greg again

The dolphins game I'm not worried about. Its the Patriots and Seattle game that scare me. These 2 games could potentially lose the division for us.

We were 0-1-1 against the Rams this year. I'm worried about every game.

Our scheme struggles against top-notch front-sevens. -Only teams we faced/will ever face from here going forward with just that are/will be the Vikings, Giants, and Rams; they are the only teams that had/have enough talented muscle to shut us down, lock up the box, and out-muscle our o-linemen.

Just as long as we don't face the Giants in the playoffs, we'll be ok.
If the coaching sucks, all discussion about players is mute, doesn't matter. We know this cuz we have had a talented team with 2 bad coaches and no results. Players are going to drop balls, fumbled, throw picks, miss tackles etc. the coaching staff is supposed to CORRECT these things, by whatever means necessary.

It is strange because Roman and Harbaugh looked like geniuses last year. Roman is a huge problem. He is on par with Marc Trestman, for those of you who have been watching a while.

Coaching is about fixing the little things. The little details make the difference. Running out of bounds or staying in bounds should be instinct by now. Personal fouls, no excuses, are the bane of a coaches existence. Is no one watching the tape?

FIX THESE:

1- pick and stick with a QB, I don't care who

2- make game plans that are trailered for your players/QB and make them adjustable and flexible

3- eliminate penalties. Goldson has been doing for a while now and the coaches aren't correcting him. If a player commits a penalty like that, they should be held ACCOUNTABLE.

4- get off the conservative life. Have some BALLS. I don't mean calling a triple flea flicker reverse double option read inside your own 20 in a blizzard, that is STUPID. Calls plays and keep the EDGE, but don't go over. Unless you are up 14 pts with less then 2 min left, GO GET THE FIRST DOWN!

5- Seely has been sleeping at the wheel, wake him up, cut Akers, and get anyone

6- play the kids. You picked them. Jacobs isn't the #2, and I think they know that . Cut Jacobs and put in James. Ginns is a KR and emergency WR only. Play Jenkins.
Originally posted by kray28:
Well, we do have some say in whether Seattle can run the table. That last game now means something.

I just don't see us losing the division to Seattle, even if we both end up 10-6, we'll have more division wins/tie-breakers by the end of it all.
  • buck
  • Veteran
that was ugly, disgustingly ugly

a solid team loss nobody escapes this
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Lol the Seahawks aren't running the table

They could easily if they beat the Niners. Their only road game is against Buffalo and they have 2 easy home games against the Rams and Cards, It certainly is no laughing matter,
Originally posted by buck:

The defense won't get any blame from me. If they keep any opposing offense from scoring a TD we should win almost every time.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by kray28:
Well, we do have some say in whether Seattle can run the table. That last game now means something.

I just don't see us losing the division to Seattle, even if we both end up 10-6, we'll have more division wins/tie-breakers by the end of it all.

Pretty hard to be 10-6 when we have a tie,
Originally posted by buck:

I thought the D played exceptionally well.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I thought the D played exceptionally well.

They need to start playing more "explosively" and they need to start putting points on the board in spectacular fashion. Perhaps we can work on that next week.
I dont think we'll lose 2 games more than the Seahawks the rest of the season. Seahawks still havent even won a division game yet, 0-3. They will probably beat Arizona but the Rams could probably take them again. Especially if Browner and Sherman are out.

Originally posted by btthepunk:
I dont think we'll lose 2 games more than the Seahawks the rest of the season. Seahawks still havent even won a division game yet, 0-3. They will probably beat Arizona but the Rams could probably take them again. Especially if Browner and Sherman are out.

Sound right, but if we lose to Seattle then a half game separates us! If the 9ers lose the West then they just don't belong in the playoffs. I would rather have their schedule.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
horrible play calling.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Sound right, but if we lose to Seattle then a half game separates us! If the 9ers lose the West then they just don't belong in the playoffs. I would rather have their schedule.

I really think it comes down to whether we beat them in Seattle
1: A couple dumb decisions from Kaepernick costed us BIG TIME (running out of bounds, the stupid safety, and not to mention the wretched pitch to Ginn)
2: The D played great
3: Running game got stuffed after the 1st b/c the Rams loaded the box
4: We suck at getting the long passing game going. Where is VD? Moss?
5: Akers was 2 for 3, but im still concerned
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
1: A couple dumb decisions from Kaepernick costed us BIG TIME (running out of bounds, the stupid safety, and not to mention the wretched pitch to Ginn)
2: The D played great
3: Running game got stuffed after the 1st b/c the Rams loaded the box
4: We suck at getting the long passing game going. Where is VD? Moss?
5: Akers was 2 for 3, but im still concerned

Akers was 2 for 4.
Share 49ersWebzone