LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by FightinRammies:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Meh....the one in St Louis last year shouldn't count against the 49ers D... it was the final game of the year and most of them were getting pulled mid-game to rest them for the playoffs..ur argument is invalrod

So it's not valid because you didn't 'blow out' the Rams. Interesting.

did I ever say that particular game was "a blowout"? NO

game was 27-10 Niners after 3 qtrs then the little lambs just happen to put up 17 in the 4th against our 3rd string D just to make themselves feel good...still lost, lol
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
if they run another successful fake punt on us Im gonna go fly to st louis strangle Seely.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
When and where was the 35-0 beatdown? Was that 2009 in St Louis? Looking forward to the fightinRammies getting their horns stuffed into the fake turf this Sunday. The Rams have played us tough no doubt. Its a division game. They're always tough. But the 49ers team is superior to the Rams team in almost every way. You shouldn't sound so offended that the fans on a 49ers message board expect their team to win this game. And as for those fake punts... you know it, I know it, everyone knows that Fisher pulled out all the tricks in that game because he knew he couldn't win the game straight up. Fear and trickery was the gameplan in the last meeting and bless his heart it almost worked. It wont work this time. If the Rams don't convert on the last fake punt it was game over. Risky risky call to say the least and you act like it had no bearing on the game whatsoever. You say that when a team pulls out the gimmick plays against your team and gets away with it. You'd be pissed too!
For your information, Fisher didn't call the fake punt in the endzone. The ROOKIE punter schooled your ass. He saw the corner get off of the gunner and come up to the line to rush. He left our gunner (McLeod) wide open... our punter made that call and it was brilliant.

Fear and trickery was our gameplan? We ran over you. We out-physical'd you. We knocked your quarterback out. Look at all the mistakes we had and we still only tied you. You guys called a fake field goal last year against us and you don't hear me complaining. We should've stopped it.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
When and where was the 35-0 beatdown? Was that 2009 in St Louis? Looking forward to the fightinRammies getting their horns stuffed into the fake turf this Sunday. The Rams have played us tough no doubt. Its a division game. They're always tough. But the 49ers team is superior to the Rams team in almost every way. You shouldn't sound so offended that the fans on a 49ers message board expect their team to win this game. And as for those fake punts... you know it, I know it, everyone knows that Fisher pulled out all the tricks in that game because he knew he couldn't win the game straight up. Fear and trickery was the gameplan in the last meeting and bless his heart it almost worked. It wont work this time. If the Rams don't convert on the last fake punt it was game over. Risky risky call to say the least and you act like it had no bearing on the game whatsoever. You say that when a team pulls out the gimmick plays against your team and gets away with it. You'd be pissed too!
For your information, Fisher didn't call the fake punt in the endzone. The ROOKIE punter schooled your ass. He saw the corner get off of the gunner and come up to the line to rush. He left our gunner (McLeod) wide open... our punter made that call and it was brilliant.

Fear and trickery was our gameplan? We ran over you. We out-physical'd you. We knocked your quarterback out. Look at all the mistakes we had and we still only tied you. You guys called a fake field goal last year against us and you don't hear me complaining. We should've stopped it.

You talk a lot of trash for a fan whom's team is at least two years from making a real playoff push. This is even more glaring when choosing to write your opinion on a forum of a team that is going to have a first week by in THIS YEARS playoffs and.................... may actually have a better YOUNGER QB.
Originally posted by Geeked:

You talk a lot of trash for a fan whom's team is at least two years from making a real playoff push. This is even more glaring when choosing to write your opinion on a forum of a team that is going to have a first week by in THIS YEARS playoffs and.................... may actually have a better YOUNGER QB.

Ok ease it up.
Originally posted by susweel:
if they run another successful fake punt on us Im gonna go fly to st louis strangle Seely.

pick me up on the way, ill help you
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

pick me up on the way, ill help you

My fear is if the Rams run another fake punt. The 49ers special teams will go berzerk, stop it, and draw some type of PF in the process.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Really? In the last 4 games, you are 1-2-1 against the Rams. You won one in OT in which the Rams outplayed you at home, and should have lost the game you tied, again - being manhandled at home. You won one game by a lot (26-0), and another with Kellen Clemens starting (a 7 pt victory with the Rams putting 27 points on your awesome defense). How is that destroying?? It should be 2-2 over those last 4 and you know it. Hardly 'destroying' anyone. All this while the Rams have been the doormat of the league. I am not saying the Rams will win this game, but have some objectivity dude and do some research.

Might want to check that again. 3-1-1 last 3 seasons

Objectivity would be nice.

I knew it sounded wrong.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Let's silence the Lambs....GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that s**t made me wanna punch a hole in the wall, so goddam frustrating
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
that s**t made me wanna punch a hole in the wall, so goddam frustrating

that s**t will NOT happen again. Bowman and Willis will be on the punt return team.
I commend FightinRammies for coming into a hostile environment and defending his team. There is no way the Niners are taking the Rams lightly. They all know the Rams took it to them last time. The defense knows the Rams laid 14 points on them before the woke up and started paying attention. And, the Niners are very aware of the fact that this Rams team hasn't lost a division game yet this year. I'm never sure of anything in the NFL. I think it's pretty silly to be sure. Let's see, what's already happened this year? The Giants just rolled us and then they got rolled by the fricking Bengals. Are you kidding me? So, I'm pretty sure the Niners are going to roll into the Rams stadium fired up and ready to take it to them with everything they've got. And, yes, I expect the Niners to win this game. I expect Kaepernick to make the Rams pay for stacking up the box to stop Frank Gore. I expect the defense to come with the hits every bit as much as they took it to the Saints. If both teams play to their abilities, I just don't think this Rams team can hang with this Niner team.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I commend FightinRammies for coming into a hostile environment and defending his team. There is no way the Niners are taking the Rams lightly. They all know the Rams took it to them last time. The defense knows the Rams laid 14 points on them before the woke up and started paying attention. And, the Niners are very aware of the fact that this Rams team hasn't lost a division game yet this year. I'm never sure of anything in the NFL. I think it's pretty silly to be sure. Let's see, what's already happened this year? The Giants just rolled us and then they got rolled by the fricking Bengals. Are you kidding me? So, I'm pretty sure the Niners are going to roll into the Rams stadium fired up and ready to take it to them with everything they've got. And, yes, I expect the Niners to win this game. I expect Kaepernick to make the Rams pay for stacking up the box to stop Frank Gore. I expect the defense to come with the hits every bit as much as they took it to the Saints. If both teams play to their abilities, I just don't think this Rams team can hang with this Niner team.
I appreciate that. And like I said before, I know the 49ers have the better team. If both play their best game, then the Niners will probably win. I was just trying to add some objectivity to some of the comments I read. And I don't think I was being out of line or stating things that weren't fact. I completely respect your team and the reason I joined this board is because I'm a long-time Rams season ticket holder who gets up for the 49'er weeks every year. And I will make a visit from time to time during those weeks... I like the back and forth and hopefully some day I can be on the other end of the ridiculing!
Adam Schefter is such a 49ers hater. Picked the Saints last week, now he's the only analyst picking the Rams. Blah! Guy is a complete tool.
Share 49ersWebzone