There are 278 users in the forums

Who do you want to start vs. the Saints this Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who do you want to start vs. the Saints this Sunday?

Who and why?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Kap. I think Alex is still a little wousy.
Kaepernick. It's now or never.
If they can prepare Kaepernick to play the kind of game he played last night - and I'm sure they can - then Kaepernick by far. He brings more to the table physically and the offense looked more explosive than it has been in... I don't even know how long.

Alex may still be a little woozy, but we wouldn't know because Harbaugh refuses to say anything regarding injuries. Remember Alex's finger? They said it was fine and he stunk it up for two weeks. Coincidence? I don't think so. Let him sit at least one more game and if Kaepernick doesn't do as well against the Saints, then Alex comes back as the starter fully healthy. But if Kaepernick puts on an encore...
heart says Kapp head says Smith.
smith.

As more footage will be collected on Kaep, the league will figure him out, quick. Alex HAS PROVEN that he can win on the road against a great team. Kaep has not. And believe it or not, this game is very important for the niners. We are the 2nd seed and we don't want GB to take it over. I don't think Kaep is ready for a big time game ON THE ROAD against the hottest team in football.
no Smith fan....but the guy has been consistent the last 2 years.

I like Tim rattay...I liked him a whole lot his first start.

I like Shaun hill....I liked him a whole lot his first start

the list goes on and on....

one good game is a 1000 times better then one bad game ...but it is not so useful in predicting the next game...
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Kaep I think.

I don't agree Alex has been consistent, he's had great games and then stinkers - the finger injury may certainly have played a part in that - but Kaep gives so many options that the defense has to offset that even with more footage on him he's a much more dangerous proposition than Alex Smith.
Please. Pulling for kaep now is the equivalent of pulling for Matt Flynn over Aaron Rodgers. Or kolb over Vick. One game doesn't mean anything.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
no Smith fan....but the guy has been consistent the last 2 years.

I like Tim rattay...I liked him a whole lot his first start.

I like Shaun hill....I liked him a whole lot his first start

the list goes on and on....

one good game is a 1000 times better then one bad game ...but it is not so useful in predicting the next game...

We're talking about a Randall Cunningham clone with a better arm and probably smarter. He can't be compared to some physically limited guys who managed to put up numbers. In fact, I don't think the sky's the limit with Kaepernick, I think it's more like Saturn or Neptune.

Share 49ersWebzone