LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

In a passing league, our Defense is more suited to win now

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yeah our defense sucks guys
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
in the 3 games we have lost(yes i know the score of the rams game), it has sucked and that should be a point of concern for all as we move forward and play good teams and teams in a dome. I will assume some will continue to ignore the warnings signs that i see. we pound terrible teams, struggle against fair to midland teams and play terrible vs great teams. sad to say i see maybe one weak team and that is arizona but it is there. rams beat us once, they are at home and should be favored to win, miami is not bad and at home, saints in the dome, pats there,, boys we are looking at 8 wins maybe 9 but no divisional title in my opinion. lucky to get a wild card
Originally posted by cciowa:
in the 3 games we have lost(yes i know the score of the rams game), it has sucked and that should be a point of concern for all as we move forward and play good teams and teams in a dome. I will assume some will continue to ignore the warnings signs that i see. we pound terrible teams, struggle against fair to midland teams and play terrible vs great teams. sad to say i see maybe one weak team and that is arizona but it is there. rams beat us once, they are at home and should be favored to win, miami is not bad and at home, saints in the dome, pats there,, boys we are looking at 8 wins maybe 9 but no divisional title in my opinion. lucky to get a wild card

I think this has got to be the most unrealistic post I've seen on here in a long long time. I think by your rational, gb bears and giants should be even luckier to even make the playoffs. Hahaha
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:

I think this has got to be the most unrealistic post I've seen on here in a long long time. I think by your rational, gb bears and giants should be even luckier to even make the playoffs. Hahaha
the giants always turn it on in december, the packers are playing very well now and will get some guys back for the stretch run,, the bears and thier defense looked better in a loss monday than we did in a tie vs the rams. do you deny those things? ok what did i say that is "unrealistic?
arizona is a weak team check
miami is not bad check
saints playing well at home in a dome is not good for us check
pats at new england enough said check
seatte at seattle,, terrible place for us to play check
rams at home, we lost to em once, at the dome and we do not play well in domes, check
bears elite defense and elite specail teams, better than ours esp specail teams, check
I guess you must fall into that category who are not bothered by last weeks loss and believe we are "just fine" hahaha
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
more like suited to get toasted. Rogers is getting scraped while our LB's are not goodon the coverage. Aldon is always toasted and our middle LB's are just not adjusted to that type of coverage. Our secondary is just about average and with Culliver a little banged up probably worst thant that.

You do know we're ranked fourth against the pass?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
more like suited to get toasted. Rogers is getting scraped while our LB's are not goodon the coverage. Aldon is always toasted and our middle LB's are just not adjusted to that type of coverage. Our secondary is just about average and with Culliver a little banged up probably worst thant that.

You do know we're ranked fourth against the pass?
i also know everything the poster said is true, plus no pass rush and sloppy stupid drive extending penalities thrown in for good measure
#1 in scoring defense per game. Seems like that's a pretty good defense, though some areas are less awesome, the results are better overall.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
#1 in scoring defense per game. Seems like that's a pretty good defense, though some areas are less awesome, the results are better overall.

Yes, and this is exactly what Vic Fangio said would happen iirc.....
Looking forward to the Saints and Patriots games to see where they really stand against the good offenses in the NFL. They did a great job against Rodgers, I think they can do it again. Every season has its ups and downs, with how healthy they've been I bet we see an upswing in performance down the stretch as the playoffs creep closer..
!
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Looking forward to the Saints and Patriots games to see where they really stand against the good offenses in the NFL. They did a great job against Rodgers, I think they can do it again. Every season has its ups and downs, with how healthy they've been I bet we see an upswing in performance down the stretch as the playoffs creep closer..

Agree ! I think we are holding back for the playoffs. CREEPING CLOSER ! Tomorrow IS A playoff game preview

i also know everything the poster said is true, plus no pass rush and sloppy stupid drive extending penalities thrown in for good measure

#1 in scoring defense...Thats pretty much the only stat that matters when you look at the big picture. I don't know if your aware but no team has ever gone 19-0
Your secondary is only as good as your pass rush. Show me a good pass rush I'll show you good secondary. In the NFC Championship game last year the 49er pass rush was pounding Manning, they had zero in the pass game. If you pound ANY quarterback he becomes ordinary. If you stop the run it makes your pass rush formidable. Eat the clock and stop the run, it's a formula for success in any era.
Originally posted by nannite:

The secondary played very well against GB and Detroit. They actually played well in our non-win games also, but the opposing QBs were deadly accurate. Plus Amendola is arguably the best WR in the league.

If Calvin Johnson would have torched us, you would have said 'Hes megatron, thats expected'. Well, Amendola > Megatron as of right now.

Last year our DB's had an unsustainable amount of turnovers. That is a huge difference also.

hmmmmm don't agree with all your statements. Everybody who slaps us up on the slot "is arguably the best receiver in the league right now." When Cruz does it hes the best, now Amendola does it, hes the best. No Rogers is just not that good period, or the coverage calls were bad just stop it. What are you gonna say if Edelman carves us up or if Fitzgerald breaks out on us. These weaknesses needs to be addressed or we will be embarrassed..........again. My opinion.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
we aren't good against the pass. the only reason we are rated highly is because we've played some of the worst passing teams in the league.... the seahawks, the jets, etc.

our CB's have been routinely beaten. the bills left 2 or 3 easy passing TD's off the board because of s**tty QB play. it has been like this in a lot of games. our pass defense isn't good because our pass rush isn't good. the defense has looked like s**t compared to last years defense. that doesn't mean we are a horrible defense but we just aren't as good as last year and i dont care what our passing stats say. you only need to watch one game with our complete lack of pass rush and turnovers to know that

Are you a fan or a hater?
Originally posted by nannite:

The secondary played very well against GB and Detroit. They actually played well in our non-win games also, but the opposing QBs were deadly accurate. Plus Amendola is arguably the best WR in the league.

If Calvin Johnson would have torched us, you would have said 'Hes megatron, thats expected'. Well, Amendola > Megatron as of right now.

Last year our DB's had an unsustainable amount of turnovers. That is a huge difference also.

hmmmmm don't agree with all your statements. Everybody who slaps us up on the slot "is arguably the best receiver in the league right now." When Cruz does it hes the best, now Amendola does it, hes the best. No Rogers is just not that good period, or the coverage calls were bad just stop it. What are you gonna say if Edelman carves us up or if Fitzgerald breaks out on us. These weaknesses needs to be addressed or we will be embarrassed..........again. My opinion.

Did you just call Danny Amendola the best WR in the NFL? Smh :/ wow lol
Share 49ersWebzone