There are 254 users in the forums

What do you want to see the 49ers work on during the bye week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What do you want to see the 49ers work on during the bye week?

Definitely on pass plays over 10 yards. This dink and dunk crap ain't going to get us to the SB
Originally posted by Mann716:
Definitely on pass plays over 10 yards. This dink and dunk crap ain't going to get us to the SB

we're 6-2 with a 2 game lead on our division, so i guess it's workin
What I want to see second half...

1) Defense is doing a great job, but lets get some more turnovers!!!
2) Gore gets a minumum 15 touches a game, run plays, screens and dump offs. Get him the ball.
3) Davis and Crabtree both need 10 targets a game ATLEAST. Davis is just a stud TE who needs the ball, Crabtree may not be a burner but needs involved.
4) Get Moss a good look deep, maybe line up Vernon in the slot to run a post and take the safety away from Moss.
5) Sure up the pass protection, Smith gets leveled it looks atleast 2 or 3 times a game. Cant happen.

Apparently others agree with you: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/20760533/tenpoint-stance-49ers-not-contenders-as-long-as-smith-dinks-and-dunks
The screen. Implementing it more on offense, and defending it better on defense.
Get healthy, Get rested, and get hungry. I'd also like to see us do more running in the redzone.
I would say consistency on offense. We looked good out there with the offense performing like that. Also stop with the play killing penalties. Then we'll be unstoppable.

Did you miss the 5 Super Bowls the Niners did win ? Cause if you did WCO is all about the dink and dunk is
Originally posted by Grinner:

Did you miss the 5 Super Bowls the Niners did win ? Cause if you did WCO is all about the dink and dunk is

Lol, 5 yard pass plays is not WCO
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 31, 2012 at 9:25 PM ]
Get some more work in on the passing game in general. Also keep working on those special teams coverage units.

They've looked good these last two games but I'd like to see that arrow keep pointing up.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

we're 6-2 with a 2 game lead on our division, so i guess it's workin

It worked last year as well. We've seen what happens if we abandon the run and start hucking and chucking.
Keep working on the special team coverage and the passing offense.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Short passes were the staple

Comments like this is how you can decipher who knows what the details of a system are...and those who think what its evolved into is how it is really supposed to be. The WCO at its root was a run substitute because of the various short passes...quick outs...quick ins...slants...flares...quick hitch...etc. You lull the defense to sleep and pound them out on the ground in the second half.

49erallthetime...I expect better from you sir.

Short passes were the staple

A staple huh

Share 49ersWebzone