LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

Funny/Ridiculous Things Harbaugh says in defense of his players?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I figured this would be an interesting thread. Anyone have the funny/ridiculous things Harbaugh says in defense of his players?

Some are pretty trivial in nature, while others might be a bit... yeah.

I laughed pretty hard at the notion that Goldson was talking to Justin Smith when he got flagged for taunting the Seahawks, while I kind of winced at his lame explanation that they were just "checking out" Peyton Manning.

While a lot of people call him out on it, I think it's just a head coach backing up the players currently on his roster.

Any other ones?
"Alex is an elite quarterback."

Not an Alex hater but at the time, Alex was far from elite. He's borderline and just waiting to cross that line to become elite.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erempire:

Not an Alex hater but at the time, Alex was far from elite. He's borderline and just waiting to cross that line to become elite.

Alex can play at an elite level.
Just most of the time he doesn't, i think is more accurate.

more often than not he is a very good qb.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by 9erempire:

Alex can play at an elite level.
Just most of the time he doesn't, i think is more accurate.

more often than not he is a very good qb.

I completely agree. Alex has come a very long way since 2005, but the one thing that still haunts him from his rookie season is his inconsistency. I know QBs have their ups and downs, but Alex's ups and downs are more drastic than the average.

Proud for the guy though. Hell of a QB.
Best hands ever.

Master/expert of this offense.

Smith does not hold at the point of attack.
Wubbie, you should make the first post with bullet points and keep track of this throughout Harbaugh's career here in San Francisco. There will be some good memories. Harbaugh blatantly says stuff, half the reason why I love him (the other half being his 19-5 record).

Things I can think of atm are Crabtree having the best hands he's ever seen and Alex should be in the Pro Bowl for the 2011 season. I don't think either of these assessments are that radical, however, at the time of the comment, half the nation laughed at them.

I love this guy.
"With David Akers, talk about the greatest kicker in the history of our game," Harbaugh said. "The odds were in our favor."
This takes the cake...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000087647/Harbaugh-It-was-a-lot-of-gobble-gobble-turkey

LMFAO!!!

Jive turkey gobblers... omg Harbaugh I love you.
He does go out there a bit but 1 Akers is still a top kicker and was one of the best 2 kickers in the league with Vinitieri for a long long time. He his accuracy is up there with the best all time as well. Crabtree does drop balls but when you look at him he can snatch the ball out of the air like few can. Then as for Manning we probably sniffed around, checked him out but when he told us his price we said can't afford it. I'm fine if he treats the media like dirt, just about all of them deserve it.

And as for jive gobbling turkeys I assume he just means most of the media is just talking heads trying to get their names out there. Anyone have a different opinion on what he meant? P.S. Love how Alex said a big f you in a nice way to the media by saying oh yeah I found my confidence it was in my closet. LOL
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 30, 2012 at 4:50 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
One post in and this is an Alex Smith thread......

"Gobble Gobble Turkey by jive turkey gobblers".....

Originally posted by Wubbie:
I figured this would be an interesting thread. Anyone have the funny/ridiculous things Harbaugh says in defense of his players?

I laughed pretty hard at the notion that Goldson was talking to Justin Smith when he got flagged for taunting the Seahawks, while I kind of winced at his lame explanation that they were just "checking out" Peyton Manning.

While a lot of people call him out on it, I think it's just a head coach backing up the players currently on his roster.

Any other ones?

I still don't understand why Goldson was flagged for that play, ya he was talking s**t to Lynch, but you're ALLOWED to talk s**t! He didn't like hit him or anything...if everyone got flagged for talking s**t, there would be 8 flags on every single play!
Originally posted by lordfangio:
Originally posted by Wubbie:

Any other ones?

I still don't understand why Goldson was flagged for that play, ya he was talking s**t to Lynch, but you're ALLOWED to talk s**t! He didn't like hit him or anything...if everyone got flagged for talking s**t, there would be 8 flags on every single play!

it's be stood over him and made a scene when he was down and talked sh*t. CAN'T DO IT!!!!
"That was the best defensive performance I have ever seen!" - Every week.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
"That was the best defensive performance I have ever seen!" - Every week.

Ha, the man sure does love him some hyperbole.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He was "evaluating" Manning
Share 49ersWebzone