There are 178 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 9)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Damn s**tty timing. This is a hellova season!

You missed out on some serious Smith bashing. I kind of started a "Fap for Kaep" movement. lol

Now on to the rams. Anyone know about this Chris Givens kid from STL? He's a WR.

Gonna get shut down by Culliver tomorrow.....thats the recent update

Culliver is a beast!

and to think we got him in the 3rd round.....HARBAALKE at its best....

he was actually a top HS prospect coming out he just kept getting injured in college
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

he was actually a top HS prospect coming out he just kept getting injured in college

So we treated him like Gore then.....I like the track record....

His bad luck ended up landing him on the best defense. There is always a plan.
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
Who thinks Vernon disappears once again this week? Doesn't pounding the rock usually open the pass? Not when Vernon is your tight end.

Seems to me that the defenses are focusing on him

Now that's some BS. 3 games in a row and no production?

My opinion is BS?

By the way he can't throw the ball to himself

hes seeing double to triple coverage

i just read recently like yesterday saying he is seeing way too much attention its not vernons fault or alex fault that hes "dissapearing" blame the DC for putting double and sometimes triple coverage on him

He's a tight end with tremendous speed. Calvin Johnson manages to beat double and triple coverage. Vernon always beats up on the crumby defenses...
Niners play tomorrow!!!
He's a tight end with tremendous speed. Calvin Johnson manages to beat double and triple coverage. Vernon always beats up on the crumby defenses...

calvin Johnson has 4 inches on VD and on any other CB has maybe half a foot

vernon doesnt have that height advantage CJ has not to mention the difference being lined out wide vs middle of field is huge

vernon doesnt have that height advantage CJ has not to mention the difference being lined out wide vs middle of field is huge

What about Vernon's strength and speed? Along with being 6'3-6'4. That's bigger than your average corner/safety. I agree that it's harder to get open lining up in the middle of the field, but the guy has tremendous size/speed combination. Line him up out wide.
[ Edited by zomg_its_ryan on Nov 10, 2012 at 3:40 PM ]

I don't remember him beat our coverage when we played the Lions. They ended up going to him on a few underneath stuff but not enough to be a factor. WR sometimes can beat double coverage but the window is fleeting and can be easily missed between qb and receiver. The trick is do you stay with him to beat that double coverage or go to someone else who may be open. But #1 receiver like C. Johnson can beat being doubled but not all the time or as much as some would think. There's taking risk involved usually and most likely towards the end of the game. And then if you can argue that C. Johnson is like Randy Moss than that's another whole discussion.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!

no, Vernon is 6'3" and Calvin is 6'5"
Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Niners, go!

this!

Originally posted by Afrikan:

no, Vernon is 6'3" and Calvin is 6'5"

do u believe VD sucks like Ryan?

lol at people still bashing VD
more yards kendall hunter or daryl richardson? lol. (fantasy help)
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
more yards kendall hunter or daryl richardson? lol. (fantasy help)

none but if you have to i'd go with hunter
too tough to run on our D
Share 49ersWebzone