There are 202 users in the forums

Declining the safety

Shop Find 49ers gear online
stopped reading after you mentioned the spread

COACHES DGAF about the spread they want to win
and with that call meant Sea didnt get a chance to punt it to get a chance to return it meaning game over

GREAT CALL/
Originally posted by 99problems:
stopped reading after you mentioned the spread

COACHES DGAF about the spread they want to win
and with that call meant Sea didnt get a chance to punt it to get a chance to return it meaning game over

GREAT CALL/

this
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
bottom line...

would you rather have a kneel down?

or a possible injury/turnover/special teams gaffe on the ensuing kick?

it's not f**king rocket science.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Easy.

49ers win.

Defense rests.
1)Read til the end
2)use brain
3)answer
--->I said we could have used the 2nd-string defense.

thinking too much. NOBODY gives a crap about the spread
its called reducing injuries the same reason why players kneel even when in field goal range.
Yea niners might have gotten 2 extra points and the ball but thats however many more tackles and even if backups no need to risk injury.

Same reason why Kaep slid before reaching the EZ against the jets.
but i bet you dont care about that because the spread was covered.

lmao
[ Edited by 99problems on Oct 19, 2012 at 7:51 AM ]
Originally posted by boast:
bottom line...

would you rather have a kneel down?

or a possible injury/turnover/special teams gaffe on the ensuing kick?

it's not f**king rocket science.

Player safety. Period
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Because Brandon Jacobs told the Seahawks we wouldnt be expecting an onside kick and they should try it.

lololol I see what you did there
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
The Seahawks would have tried an onside kick if the safety was accepted. That exposes your team to injuries and the chance that the Seahawks get the ball back. It's a two possession game but crazy things happen and the Seahawks still have a very small chance of winning. Declining the penalty gives the 49ers the ball, then two kneeldowns finish the game. How many times have you seen a kneeldown fumbled in the NFL? It was the smart choice, even if the idiot announcers were dumbfounded by such a simple idea.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
  • sfout
  • Veteran
LOL Jim allegedly cost bettors over $75 Million because of the declined safety.

Originally posted by DVDA:
The Seahawks would have tried an onside kick if the safety was accepted. That exposes your team to injuries and the chance that the Seahawks get the ball back. It's a two possession game but crazy things happen and the Seahawks still have a very small chance of winning. Declining the penalty gives the 49ers the ball, then two kneeldowns finish the game. How many times have you seen a kneeldown fumbled in the NFL? It was the smart choice, even if the idiot announcers were dumbfounded by such a simple idea.

Bingo, and what does Seattle do best? -LAY SPECIAL TEAMS CHEAPSHOTS WHEN THE GAME IS OUT OF THEIR REACH!

Easy.

49ers win.

Defense rests.
1)Read til the end
2)use brain
3)answer

its called reducing injuries the same reason why players kneel even when in field goal range.
Yea niners might have gotten 2 extra points and the ball but thats however many more tackles and even if backups no need to risk injury.

lmao

YEP. Seriously... I didn't know what the spread was, and I bet on games (Never the 49ers though). If anyone thinks the COACH actually knew the spread and had it in mind, YOU'RE CRAZZZZZZZZZZY! plus, these kind of garbage, end of game scoring, happen ALL the time. I don't know why all these comments/stories are focusing on who lost money because of the spread....... because other people WON money!
Terrible logic!!!!!

When was the last time something "bizarre" happened on a kneel down? AND how many times?

JH did the SMART thing - we won and nobody got hurt at the end.
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
Easy.

49ers win.

Defense rests.
1)Read til the end
2)use brain
3)answer

lmao

YEP. Seriously... I didn't know what the spread was, and I bet on games (Never the 49ers though). If anyone thinks the COACH actually knew the spread and had it in mind, YOU'RE CRAZZZZZZZZZZY! plus, these kind of garbage, end of game scoring, happen ALL the time. I don't know why all these comments/stories are focusing on who lost money because of the spread....... because other people WON money!

I suspect soem of the refs lost money last night. They tried their damndest, though.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by DVDA:

Bingo, and what does Seattle do best? -LAY SPECIAL TEAMS CHEAPSHOTS WHEN THE GAME IS OUT OF THEIR REACH!

THIS is the story here! bottom line, NOT the slight chance seattle recovers, onside kicks again and recovers and wins..... the REAL chance of INJURIES!!! vs..... a neal down...
Share 49ersWebzone