LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 269 users in the forums

The most under-rated 49er.. for presumably the next 5-10 years.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The offensive line is starting to get plenty of ink. Iupati has been one of my favorites since he was drafted. IMO the guy who is overlooked is Mario Manningham. Even during his stay with the Giants he was always thought of as a third receiver. He makes the big play at the crucial time.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Culliver his coverage is really underrated and has excellent open field tackling.
Originally posted by captain_planet:
Iupati gets all kinds of love, he isn't underrated. He's good and everyone knows it.

K. Williams is probably the most underrated 49er right now.

Staley isn't overrated, at least by this board. The Pro Bowl is a bit of a crap shoot, I don't know who overrates him.
He isn't the strongest guy on the line. At least once a game he gets bullrushed into Alex's ankles. BUT...
He makes few mental errors, runs like the wind for an OT when he pulls, gets the job done, and is a great guy that doesn't take himself too seriously.
Staley deserves love, not grumpiness.

This, you remember that block on Alex's 28-yard TD in the Saints playoff game? Staley allows us to do things you couldn't do with a regular OT, he deserves some love
I'd say Tarell Brown is underrated. Maybe not here, but definitely everywhere else. Carlos Rogers is our CB that gets any press, but Brown has been the exceptional the last few seasons. You rarely hear his name called during games which is a great thing for a corner.
No love for Boone?
Originally posted by obx49:
Culliver his coverage is really underrated and has excellent open field tackling.

I can't believe it took 3 pages of post to see cullivers name that shows you just how underated he is. I always see him covering the opponents best WR
[ Edited by hipcam52 on Oct 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM ]
Has to be ICE
Mike Iupati "I like to destroy a lot of people," he said. "It's fun."

Thats that first thing that pops into my mind everytime his name comes up. In a interview leading up to the draft.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Ray Mac and D-Love for me. I'll add in Bruuuuuuce Miller as well but he does get some love.

Delanie Walker has been awful as a receiving option lately. Underrated? No way. He's actually overrated on this forum.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Ray Mac and D-Love for me. I'll add in Bruuuuuuce Miller as well but he does get some love.

Delanie Walker has been awful as a receiving option lately. Underrated? No way. He's actually overrated on this forum.

This. He does a lot for us, but he's too inconsistent and often injured. I doubt we resign.

With all the TE talent coming out of college, we can afford to let him go and try his luck elsewhere.

Iupati like its 1999
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
kendall hunter. the player who makes plays that no one talks about
Iupati rock is in the house tonight
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:

I like all niners (cept for dixon) but I think this is correct about walker. over rated by many and I think we can do much better than walker for next year
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Our team is so stacked that a few get all the highlights while others fly under the radar. We have so many great players right now. How many other teams can sit their 1st & 2nd rounders while the Veterans play? I don't think we'll see Jenkins or James at all this year unless someone gets hurt or we clinch early and allow them to get some reps!!!

WE ARE STACKED!!!
Share 49ersWebzone