The balanced offense thread of balance.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i love the balenced offense. when you get a lead in the fourth quarter you do not want to throw and have quick three and outs,, you must be able to run the ball when you are ahead. very simple and effective, I also like the way that we impose our will on people and bring out the worst in most teams we face. we really do. how many teams last year had thier worst game playing us and i think its fair to say that the jets and packers,, mayybe the lions, had thier worst game playing us this year

I just wish we didn't get outbalanced in the Vikings game.

9 outta 10 times, that won't happen. Ponder played the best game of his
life and had a fair amount of luck to boot.

You mean Ponder isn't God?

are you asking me or Joecool?
Wow thats is balace.
i love the balenced offense. when you get a lead in the fourth quarter you do not want to throw and have quick three and outs,, you must be able to run the ball when you are ahead. very simple and effective, I also like the way that we impose our will on people and bring out the worst in most teams we face. we really do. how many teams last year had thier worst game playing us and i think its fair to say that the jets and packers,, mayybe the lions, had thier worst game playing us this year

You mean Ponder isn't God?

are you asking me or Joecool?

Yea, he had a good game. It's interesting how the two QBs had similar stats, similar play but one got some breaks and won the game.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Snaps per Unit

Week 1
Offense (67) Defense (72)

Week 2
Offense (63) Defense (65)

Week 3
Offense (58) Defense (79)

Week 4
Offense (72 plays) Defense (53 plays)

Well, the defense should feel well rested! The nice thing about being balanced is that the team can slide either way depending on the need or the opponent's capabilities.
We'll see how long this balanced thing lasts
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Hopefully a while, balace has a better chance to win then unbalanced.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Hopefully a while, balace has a better chance to win then unbalanced.

Agree! Attack the weakness and then exploit the overcompensation! Win!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
and the dome and the midwest time thing in my opinion.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i left that game out, selective memory

This. Really like the stats which are shown there. This is a very good thread to keep up every week.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

thank you oh voice of doom you act like its some kind of terrible thing to be avoided at all costs

i left that game out, selective memory

They killed us with the time of possession battle also.
Another stat to possibly add.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Another stat to possibly add.

Added. Also consolidated Snap Count.
It's a, "Question of Balance".
Share 49ersWebzone