LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 303 users in the forums

Aldon three sacks through 2 games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's on pace for a great season. He also looked good in coverage and sealing the edge. It's going to be fun watching him all season.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 17, 2012 at 3:17 AM ]
think he was only credited with 1 each game
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Yeah, I just read that. I swear he had 2 sacks last night. I'll edit the title.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

He should've been credited with the sack when Stafford's knees were down but he popped up and kept running. Idk why he didn't get that.
Originally posted by Ether:

He should've been credited with the sack when Stafford's knees were down but he popped up and kept running. Idk why he didn't get that.

think they gave it to ray mac, he tripped up stafford a bit then aldon fell on him
either way, dude is gonna have a good season

I LOVE THIS TEAM
He had 2 last night. The NFL reviews film for stats. And he will be credited with that one where the Stafford knee was down.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He had 2 last night. The NFL reviews film for stats. And he will be credited with that one where the Stafford knee was down.

Yeah, I remember him getting one when Stafford was out of the pocket and he got him behind the line of scrimmage. The other was the knee one. Either way good game by him.
should be overturned on tuesday or whenever
They didn't count the one where the lions challanged the spot, the refs corrected it and said it was down by contact, that saved the lions 6 yards. On the replay it clearly showed Staff's knee touch then he bounced up like it hadn't continued the play and got saked even further back, foolish, you were down and want to risk getting hammered, staff was lucky Aldon didn't twist his ankle or knee. Smith then had another sack later. If it doesn't get corrected, another case of the NFL screwing up.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
They didn't count the one where the lions challanged the spot, the refs corrected it and said it was down by contact, that saved the lions 6 yards. On the replay it clearly showed Staff's knee touch then he bounced up like it hadn't continued the play and got saked even further back, foolish, you were down and want to risk getting hammered, staff was lucky Aldon didn't twist his ankle or knee. Smith then had another sack later. If it doesn't get corrected, another case of the NFL screwing up.

That's my take on it too.
Originally posted by Ether:

think they gave it to ray mac, he tripped up stafford a bit then aldon fell on him

Yes, the gave it to McDonald. Aldon was clearly the one that actually brought Stafford down so he should have been credited with that sack. Or at least half of it.
Mods, combine with the Aldon thread.

Sacks? Who cares...what impresses me most is that is quickly becoming a complete WILL! Playing outstanding against the run (BTW: TFL are just as good as sacks), getting pressures, hits, dropping back, reading the plays quicker. He and Brooks right now may be, or are about to become, THE best tandem OLB's in the game; if you're looking at complete OLB skill sets. They are playing fantastic TEAM defense and are doing all the little things that don't show up in the stats (e.g. clutch pressures/sacks on the final drive of the game, pushing their OT's up field and filtering the RB right into Bowman/Willis, dropping back in zone coverage, sealing the edge, providing consistent pressure, looping under, lining up everywhere, etc.).
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Aldon is a natural. There's nothing he can't do.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yes he got some coverage sacks but overall Im disappointed in the pass rush. He is not providing a steady pass rush like he did last year. Maybe too much partying.
[ Edited by susweel on Sep 17, 2012 at 9:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone