LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

New Candlestick chant for 1st Downs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They're starting this new thing this season where they want the crowd to do a chant when the team gets a first down. It's from the movie 300. After the announcer says who made the play and for how many yards, he will always say "First Down!". That's when they play the sound on the speakers and we're all supposed to chant:

"Ahh Ooo! Ahh Ooo! Ahh Ooo!". Which is supposed to sound like this (at :35 seconds)

The first preseason game it just seemed odd, but during the SD game I figured out what was going on. I'm hoping that if it catches on, it might give people something to focus on and stop them from cheering when the team is lining up for a play.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Sep 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM ]
ahem...

www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/166843-niners-what-profession-new-down-celebration-played-over/
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
ahem...

www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/166843-niners-what-profession-new-down-celebration-played-over/

My bad, broham. At least I explained it better.
I like Stoney's post better
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I'd posted my thread right after the Minny game (1st preseason)....it was more of an inexplicable anomaly then cos it had just debuted (could barely notice it on TV or hear it in 1/4th filled Candlestick on KPIX) so i posted a poll to gauge initial reaction. people who were at the game (and the SD one) eventually explained it later on in my thread somewhat.

now i do hope it catches on and is yelled LOUD next Sunday night...
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Sep 11, 2012 at 6:10 AM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I'd posted my thread right after the Minny game (1st preseason)....it was more of an inexplicable anomaly then cos it had just debuted ( could barely hear it in 1/4th filled Candlestick on KPIX) and was gauging initial reaction

now i do hope it catches on and is yelled loud next Sunday night...

Exactly. Your thread is a poll asking if people like it. Mine is a thread explaining the details.
It's sharp, more modern.... pure poetry

I like this idea and I hope everyone buys in, they did it at the pre-season game I went to and it sounded pretty cool even with the stadium half empty...I can't imagine how it would sound during the playoffs
um ok.
Such a terrible idea

This isn't a college game

Don't think anyone has made this thread yet! good Jon, Stoney!
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Don't think anyone has made this thread yet! good Jon, Stoney!

I did a good Jon. I get a cookie.
Lol sounds pretty cool actually.
when need to start yelling "Brrrruccce" when Miller touches the ball..
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Such a terrible idea

This isn't a college game

Can't say I love it either. Feels forced.
Share 49ersWebzone