There are 118 users in the forums

Stock Up or Down? Updated through all 4 games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great thread...
What about
Cully and spilman?
LaMichael is a disappointment after game one. It's obviously super-early for the kid, but we've seen rookie running backs who have had better debuts in the past.
Just run the ball over left guard. If Mike Iupati does not make all-pro it will be a monumental upset. CK does not look comfortable in the pocket, on the other hand Scot Tolzien showed pocket awareness and looks like an NFL QB. If I didn't know better I'd say that Tolzien was the second round pick. No way they let this guy walk. Dobbs will make the team as a DE or a TE or whatever it takes. He could be a future Ahmad Brooks.
I really like what I saw from Brandon Jacobs. If he continues to run the ball well in short yardage situations he should make the team.

Dobbs was unblockable last night.
Originally posted by SFrush:
I really like what I saw from Brandon Jacobs. If he continues to run the ball well in short yardage situations he should make the team.

he's always unblockable lol
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

he's always unblockable lol

True. Now he blocks, too.

Beast.
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
Great thread...
What about
Cully and spilman?

Didn't see much of Culliver and the only play I seen Spillman he gave up a catch but had good coverage. Didn't see either good enough to make a fair judgement (my stream was pixelated as well) but Spillman in the long run will give us something to think about if Goldson doesn't re-sign. (him or high draft pick next year). As for Culliver I expect him to take a step up and don't be surprised if he is starting soon.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Jacobs had the most stand out performance of the game, IMO. If he keeps running like that, he might be the top back-up in the rotation.

Short yardage runs are looking to be a strength of the team this season. I expect Jacobs to have a lot of TDs.

Hooray for jumping the gun after the first preseason game! I just couldn't help joining the party.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Beast.

Did anybody here actually watch him closely at TE and how he blocked? Again, with how many guys can come in as extra blockers (T's, Leonard Davis, Dobbs, Tukuafa, Sopoaga, etc) they might make 3rd TE a non need.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Beast.

Did anybody here actually watch him closely at TE and how he blocked? Again, with how many guys can come in as extra blockers (T's, Leonard Davis, Dobbs, Tukuafa, Sopoaga, etc) they might make 3rd TE a non need.

I can't recall anything standing out to me. He was in there a lot, though, it seemed like. Considering how well they ran the ball, I'd say that's a good sign.

With all the reports of him making catches in camp, it's an exciting story to watch. I could see them making Dobbs the third TE. I mean... it's Jim Harbaugh... it's almost a given that it'll happen, right?

After watching 1st quarter closely, Boone is definitely arrow up. I didn't see any pass block issues, and he was great on a few run block. Played like he'd been there for sure.

Ck7 was a mixed bag for me. Great run... some sharp passes, but also a few ill-advised passes.

Liked Tolzien quite a bit.

Miller was excellent at FB... Dobbs... Bakhiari... RJF.. all arrow up. Overall, I though most everyone did pretty well.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
After watching 1st quarter closely, Boone is definitely arrow up. I didn't see any pass block issues, and he was great on a few run block. Played like he'd been there for sure.

Ck7 was a mixed bag for me. Great run... some sharp passes, but also a few ill-advised passes.

Miller was excellent at FB... Dobbs... Bakhiari... RJF.. all arrow up. Overall, I though most everyone did pretty well.

All agreed... CK7 I put up just because of the run and him looking better than last year by far but he has a ways to go to be ready. You probably didn't get to it yet but what did you think of Williams at NT? Didn't watch him much but I assume he held his own. He looks in much better shape this year.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Glad to hear the analysis on Boone. Such a great f**king story!

I think the only negatives I took away from this game were the first team defense not playing as well as I'd like and Aldon Smith getting dinged.

Everything else was pretty positive.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
All agreed... CK7 I put up just because of the run and him looking better than last year by far but he has a ways to go to be ready. You probably didn't get to it yet but what did you think of Williams at NT? Didn't watch him much but I assume he held his own. He looks in much better shape this year.

I watched Williams a bit. He looked good... improved from last season. Nothing amazing, but he did some good things against the Vikings scrubs.

He blew up the center pretty good on one play. He just doesn't have any closing speed to finish. Still good for disrupting the play, though.

High hopes for the kid.

I watched Williams a bit. He looked good... improved from last season. Nothing amazing, but he did some good things against the Vikings scrubs.

He blew up the center pretty good on one play. He just doesn't have any closing speed to finish. Still good for disrupting the play, though.

High hopes for the kid.

I also remember feeling good about Williams' play while watching live...
Share 49ersWebzone