LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Do you HONESTLY believe this is the year we win our 6th SB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you HONESTLY believe this is the year we win our 6th SB?

tbh i dont think we win it this year. i think we either win it the following year or the year after that. we have alot of targets on our backs from other teams and we are no longer under the radar.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by susweel:
Do I want them to yes but I don't think they will. sorry guys I don't have much faith in our QB, good defense can only take you so far.

Shocker statement from susweel.

Just my opinion but i hope I'm wrong.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Let's face is it. No team is "likely" to win the Super Bowl each year. Last year the likely team was probably Green Bay. They didn't get it done. If you were to rate any 1 team's likelihood of winning the SB, it would be less than 50%. Do the 49ers have a good chance to be the winner? Sure, but the likelihood of not winning is even higher. As fans we hope for the best, but we also must admit that it takes a lot of luck as well as talent to go all the way.
Originally posted by fryet:
Let's face is it. No team is "likely" to win the Super Bowl each year. Last year the likely team was probably Green Bay. They didn't get it done. If you were to rate any 1 team's likelihood of winning the SB, it would be less than 50%. Do the 49ers have a good chance to be the winner? Sure, but the likelihood of not winning is even higher. As fans we hope for the best, but we also must admit that it takes a lot of luck as well as talent to go all the way.

Yeah.. true.

I think we will be in the playoffs often in the next handful of years. I feel that is a high probability. Once in the playoffs, I think we can pull off a complete trip a couple times out of that.
i honestly thought they would win every superbowl from 8? -99

and a few other years. but i voted yes.
[ Edited by 99problems on Jun 15, 2012 at 9:31 AM ]
  • DJD
  • Veteran
SBoB!! that's where we're at!!

This times a million.

LUCK must be considered. INJURIES must be considered.

That said, if the O can improve slightly more than the D regresses (which I expect due to LUCK and turnovers, and nothing more), we will be in the mix.
I don't know if we win it all this year but I sure am enjoying the hell out of knowing we're going to be able to compete for it year in and year out now! GO NINERS!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
you know , there is nothing more to say. spot on. good job
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I don't get all these people saying no cause the defense won't be as good or we won't sneak up on people. If that is how you feel than you are saying the 49ers last year weren't good just lucky.

Do the Steelers and Ravens have elite defenses each year? Yes. So why can't we.

The point they are making is not that we cant have an elite defense. The point is, based on the history of the NFL, teams with such a + in the turnover department do not repeat that from year to year. Its not to say that we cant or wont. Its just based on history, it is next to impossible to do...and hasnt been done.

So yes, we can still have an elite defense year after year. People are just expecting us to regress a little bit, which based on history, is a near certainty.

In Paper We Should Win Our Six Superbowl
Hey there is no reason to doubt. I think Vernon Davis hit the nail on the head. Will we? Who knows. Could we? Hell yeah!!
I believe the children are our future
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I believe the children are our future

I believe that concept scares the hell out of me!

( teach them well and let them lead the way )
Originally posted by iohk:
Stupid thread

Lock it up then
Share 49ersWebzone