There are 494 users in the forums
#89 Nathan "NaPalm" Palmer
May 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM
- Dr_Bill_Walsh
- Veteran
- Posts: 20,665
May 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM
- Gore_21
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,685
Going to be hard for him and Owusu to beat out Williams if we keep 6 WRs but they still should be heavy favorites for the PS. Hopefully nobody snatches them up if they make the PS. Glad to know even the PS will probably be better off from last year. I'd take those two over Hastings and Matthews.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM ]
May 13, 2012 at 9:10 PM
- DaDivaRecieva15
- Veteran
- Posts: 37,974
May 14, 2012 at 6:52 AM
- cools
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,828
Palmer is very fast and elusive, I think he will be return specialist project
With little depth behind Ginn, He has a good chance to make the PS
With little depth behind Ginn, He has a good chance to make the PS
May 14, 2012 at 8:11 AM
- global_nomad
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,827
Originally posted by cools:
Palmer is very fast and elusive, I think he will be return specialist project
With little depth behind Ginn, He has a good chance to make the PS
I found it interesting they give him the biggest signing bonus of any UDFA. All be it $10,000.
May 14, 2012 at 8:36 AM
- TheXFactor
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,990
Originally posted by cools:
Palmer is very fast and elusive, I think he will be return specialist project
With little depth behind Ginn, He has a good chance to make the PS
could beat out Kyle Williams maybe
May 14, 2012 at 9:41 AM
- pasodoc9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 21,040
More power to our front office, bringing 17 UDFA guys into camp, incl 3 WRs. Sure , odds are long that any of them make it, but remember, Coach is just 1 yr removed from college, and still has a good handle on a lot of talent he saw while at Stanford. I think that is a huge advantage for us over 31 other teams, and if anyone is going to find a pearl, the 49ers have one of the best shots at it. True not much money was expended, but still it was money, and added up, a sizeable chunk...at least for most of us. My hat is off to 49 organization for being willing to spend on a longshot. Still , they did it and who knows, maybe one or two will stick.
May 14, 2012 at 12:02 PM
- BOOSKi707
- Veteran
- Posts: 178
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:hopefully. Still not sold on Owusu and his concussions either
Originally posted by cools:
Palmer is very fast and elusive, I think he will be return specialist project
With little depth behind Ginn, He has a good chance to make the PS
could beat out Kyle Williams maybe
May 14, 2012 at 12:25 PM
- global_nomad
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,827
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
could beat out Kyle Williams maybe
I think he would take practice squad. I feel good about building WRs for the future. When is Crabtree's contract up? I say we have a less than 50% chance he will resign with us. Thinking Moss, Crab will be gone in a few years. Need to start building the future now. Remember we are only one of a very few amount of teams that takes our Practice Squad on road trips. They are a part of the family.
May 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM
- sincalfaithful
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,712
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
could beat out Kyle Williams maybe
I think he would take practice squad. I feel good about building WRs for the future. When is Crabtree's contract up? I say we have a less than 50% chance he will resign with us. Thinking Moss, Crab will be gone in a few years. Need to start building the future now. Remember we are only one of a very few amount of teams that takes our Practice Squad on road trips. They are a part of the family.
Yeah i'm sure this guy will replace Crabtree
May 14, 2012 at 12:35 PM
- global_nomad
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,827
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
could beat out Kyle Williams maybe
I think he would take practice squad. I feel good about building WRs for the future. When is Crabtree's contract up? I say we have a less than 50% chance he will resign with us. Thinking Moss, Crab will be gone in a few years. Need to start building the future now. Remember we are only one of a very few amount of teams that takes our Practice Squad on road trips. They are a part of the family.
Yeah i'm sure this guy will replace Crabtree
I said I'm glad the organization is planning ahead. Who knows how far he will go. Most people think AJ Jenkins is a piece for the future also.
May 14, 2012 at 12:37 PM
- global_nomad
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,827
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
could beat out Kyle Williams maybe
I think he would take practice squad. I feel good about building WRs for the future. When is Crabtree's contract up? I say we have a less than 50% chance he will resign with us. Thinking Moss, Crab will be gone in a few years. Need to start building the future now. Remember we are only one of a very few amount of teams that takes our Practice Squad on road trips. They are a part of the family.
Yeah i'm sure this guy will replace Crabtree
He looked a lot like Crabtree here:
May 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
May 14, 2012 at 1:05 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,114
It's very interesting. I am surprised we gave Palmer and Tyms that high of bonuses. Also of note, teams are only allowed to spend just over 76K over 3 seasons on rookie free agents per year. So that's about 26K a year, with the 10K for Palmer, 8K for Tyms and 3K for Owusu, that takes up 21K of the 26K, makes me wonder who else would of gotten a bonus. Some or most didn't get bonuses, which isn't a big surprise.
The only guys I can see getting bonuses would be Jewell Hampton, Matthew Masifilo, Tony Jerod-Eddie and Al Netter. Possibly we could of given those players either 1K each or 500 dollars each, allowing to give 4 others 500 dollars.
The only guys I can see getting bonuses would be Jewell Hampton, Matthew Masifilo, Tony Jerod-Eddie and Al Netter. Possibly we could of given those players either 1K each or 500 dollars each, allowing to give 4 others 500 dollars.