LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

Grade the 2009 draft.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Crabs plays like a 3rd rounder.

Coffee quit.

McKillop was a mediocre player when they drafted him. He got hurt and was never seen as anything better than mediocre. Super low ceiling.

Nate Davis had every issue in the book. Mental issues, no commitment... just not very good.

Pascoe was cut before the seson began.

Curtis Taylor = swing and a miss.

RJF is a great pick for a 7th rounder.

So they get a giant D.
McCloughan was absolutely horrible at running the draft. Looking at the '08 and '09 draft classes makes me want to .
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
also, that draft netted us Iupati

this
Really guys? I'd give that draft a B+. We got Crabtree... who some don't like, but he had a solid year as the only real WR on the field most of the time. His injuries have slowed his progression. But he is a solid player. I expect we will see a pro-bowl type of season out of him this year.

We basically traded the 2nd round pick for Iupati in 2010. That is an excellent move right there.

Coffee was a good pick at the time. He was a solid RB prospect. Who would have thought he'd be a quitter. There were other positions of greater need that we should have addressed at that spot though (hence the B+ grade).

We got RJF in the 7th round. This guy is our top backup on one of the best D-lines in the league. He'll be a starter in a year or two most likely.

Mostly late round picks that don't usually net long-term contributors.
The draft In all was not as bad as people think, Is Crabs ever going to be worthy of a top 10 pick maybe not, I think this year will be the final tell, but comparing last years stats of all guys drafted in the 2009 draft out of those players Crabs is 4th for receptions and 5th for receiving yards. He has been a part of an under achieving passing game all his career and I think that will change this year. RJF is a solid pick up considering what round we got him in, if a draft every year got you a 1 starter and at least 1 solid rotational/backup player most teams would be doing pretty good. Also TE Bear Pascoe is a good player he just didn't make our team but now he is a starter for the Giants. I give the grade of C+ along with the fact that we got a 1st rounder the next year. I would say the 02' 03' and 04' drafts where all worse than 2009 in recent memory.
[ Edited by 49Gorillas on May 8, 2012 at 7:41 AM ]
D
Bear Pascoe should never have been cut, he should be our blocking TE. I put that squarely on Singletary's shoulders. He was a starter on a super bowl team last year.

Add in the trade and that is 3 starters and a solid backup.

Originally posted by Wubbie:
Didn't Baalke say that a good draft class nets you 2 starters?

We have lost all perspective around here after the 2007 and 2011 drafts. The league average is not 3 starters and a backup.

I would say B-. Unfortunately still up in the air because of Crabtree.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I'm still pissed about Bear Pascoe
In terms of how the players still on the team tweet... its an A+... football wise... only 2 guys still on the team makes it a D... Still a little hope for Crabs to be a #1 and RJF is good depth for DL.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Terrible draft. Crabtree will never live up to the 10th pick.

Coffee was a terrible pick, Davis I liked at first, but didn't work out well. Curtis Taylor was decent, but didn't last past 2010 season, was cut last season before opening day.

RJF may leave via FA in 2013, may not be able to keep him if he plays so well, he will command starter money, and he isn't gonna start here, at least for a while.

I give it at best a C right now.

08 was worst, complete F.

06 wasn't that great either, only Vernon, Delanie and Parys remain, it gets a B for Vernon, would be a C had Vernon stayed with an attitude.

05 sucked, Alex isn't the QB we drafted and hoped he would be, and never will be. Gore was the best pick. Snyder was decent, not great, was fine letting him leave.

07 was best draft, Willis, Staley, McDonald, Brown and Goldson, A+ draft

Honestly we haven't drafted well much. 2010 and 2011 were good drafts as of now.
Where do you get the idea that RJF is going to command starter money anywhere else? He hasn't really came in the game and just exploded on the field. He's been average.

Just remember guys the draft gurus gave the niners an A for this draft right after the draft. The 2012 draft got a C, so the 2012 draft hopefully will show that gurus do not know crap.

If they kept Pascoe, and not drafted Bynam this draft would be a B-, with only 1 starter and a back up it is a C-/
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
That draft was an F.
We wanted the DT that Green Bay picked right before we took Crabree.

Now I see why!!!
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Crabs plays like a 3rd rounder.

Coffee quit.

McKillop was a mediocre player when they drafted him. He got hurt and was never seen as anything better than mediocre. Super low ceiling.

Nate Davis had every issue in the book. Mental issues, no commitment... just not very good.

Pascoe was cut before the seson began.

Curtis Taylor = swing and a miss.

RJF is a great pick for a 7th rounder.

So they get a giant D.

LOL. Pascoe may end up being the best on that list and we let him go to the Giants. And he scored a TD against us in the NFCCG and cost us the Superbowl.

So D- in my book when the guy you did drafted ends up hurting you in the end.

PS: I wonder what grade I gave this group right after the draft. We should start a thread to compare somehow.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 8, 2012 at 11:12 AM ]
EWE, moving on....
Share 49ersWebzone