LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Grade the 2009 draft.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
All through the draft I kept hearing from different football pundits that you can't really put a true grade until 3 years. With that being said what do you give the 9ers of 2009? Only 2 players are still on the team though.
Originally posted by bishop915:
All through the draft I kept hearing from different football pundits that you can't really put a true grade until 3 years. With that being said what do you give the 9ers of 2009? Only 2 players are still on the team though.

F
A+ because it got the old regime terminated.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Originally posted by bishop915:

F

first and last picks alone are contributing to this team....STILL not as bad as 2008 draft. only Larry Grant left....goddamn that was a waste of a draft.
http://sfo.scout.com/2/860503.html

Major Fail (or is it)

Crabtree I think will eventually be an A

But Quitter Coffee

Nate the Preseason Great (I can't count to Potato)

McKillop was promising till he blew his ACL

RJF is a strong B+

If Crabs and RJF continue to play well for the next 5 years, having 2 productive players like that is a success
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
http://sfo.scout.com/2/860503.html

Major Fail (or is it)

Crabtree I think will eventually be an A

But Quitter Coffee

Nate the Preseason Great (I can't count to Potato)

McKillop was promising till he blew his ACL

RJF is a strong B+

If Crabs and RJF continue to play well for the next 5 years, having 2 productive players like that is a success

peek at 2008 all we got left is Larry Grant and thats after releasing him once. to the OP: i know this is about the 09 draft so my bad for bustin 08 here lol i just really hated that draft
Terrible draft. Crabtree will never live up to the 10th pick.

Coffee was a terrible pick, Davis I liked at first, but didn't work out well. Curtis Taylor was decent, but didn't last past 2010 season, was cut last season before opening day.

RJF may leave via FA in 2013, may not be able to keep him if he plays so well, he will command starter money, and he isn't gonna start here, at least for a while.

I give it at best a C right now.

08 was worst, complete F.

06 wasn't that great either, only Vernon, Delanie and Parys remain, it gets a B for Vernon, would be a C had Vernon stayed with an attitude.

05 sucked, Alex isn't the QB we drafted and hoped he would be, and never will be. Gore was the best pick. Snyder was decent, not great, was fine letting him leave.

07 was best draft, Willis, Staley, McDonald, Brown and Goldson, A+ draft

Honestly we haven't drafted well much. 2010 and 2011 were good drafts as of now.
F
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
F

^

D+
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on May 7, 2012 at 10:57 PM ]
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
F

i change my grade to gay +
Didn't Baalke say that a good draft class nets you 2 starters? Crabtree's a starter, while RJF is a very solid backup on the defensive line.

So you could probably say that's 1.5 starters and call it a C- or D+.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Didn't Baalke say that a good draft class nets you 2 starters? Crabtree's a starter, while RJF is a very solid backup on the defensive line.

So you could probably say that's 1.5 starters and call it a C- or D+.

also, that draft netted us Iupati
I'd give it a D.

That draft was all about Crabtree, and though he is a solid player, he hasn't lived up to this draft status.

Basically all we got from that draft is an underachieving receiver, and a good backup d-lineman (RJF).
Share 49ersWebzone