There are 192 users in the forums

Grade the 49ers 2012 Draft Class

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Grade the 49ers 2012 Draft Class

funny how things looked so rosy at the time! 75%+ gave B- or better lol
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
Assume Hunter comes back 100 percent, he's a much better back than LMJ. Hunter is quick, fast, strong and decisive. LMJ seems to lack vision and strength to go along with this quickness.

If Hunter didn't get injured, I don't think LMJ is even sees the field in any meaningful amount, which to me is a wasted pick.

I think your reaching there.
Who else is any good besides LaMike? Cam Johnson seems to be coming around somewhat and Robinson could be pretty decent if he develops kinda how T-Brown has. I give it a C-.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Who else is any good besides LaMike? Cam Johnson seems to be coming around somewhat and Robinson could be pretty decent if he develops kinda how T-Brown has. I give it a C-.

Cam Johnson is total garbage. Robinson is below average.

We got LaMichael. That's it. Horrible draft.
This draft like every single Niner draft ever... is, was and always will be HOMER-IFIC!!!!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Cam Johnson is total garbage. Robinson is below average.

We got LaMichael. That's it. Horrible draft.

LaMichael James...and, Joe Looney from last year's draft. Don't count out Looney yet, though he's only looked o.k. so far this preseason. This is really his first offseason given his injury out of college last year. Baalke traded up to get Looney and I've heard many good things about him...the jury's still out though, I know. And who knows about our LB Fleming, who keeps getting injured. But Cam Johnson has not really impressed much (doubt he makes the team - probably the PS) and Trenton Robinson has not looked good IMO (don't know if he gets on the 53 this year).
Pretty bad draft... At least not on par with other recent years. LMJ is good. Robinson a backup. Looney is incomplete. The rest of the picks are wasted.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 20, 2013 at 9:20 AM ]
Mistakes happen and this draft was full of them.

Move on.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Mistakes happen and this draft was full of them.

Move on.

yes, the year before was good and we have already seen good things in a small body of work from this years class,, so far the good out numbers the bad
Sigh....even a marginally better draft class that yields 2 more contributing players last year might've made up the 3 points lacking in SB47

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
D-
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Still too early to tell don't you think.

wtf? no

wtf?yes

WHY, because its still too early......nevermind I explained it in my other post.

wtf? no

wtf?yes

WHY, because its still too early......nevermind I explained it in my other post.
It's way too early to evaluate this draft and each draft is a different beast altogether. It's easy to go back and say that pick sucks and we could have taken this guy...now that we know what guys might be good and which ones aren't working out. This entire draft for 2012 was all for depth. Jenkins was a mistake for this team, not necessarily a horrible player. James is a good pick and might leap frog kendall Hunter but he was still depth at the time. We then traded away 3 picks in rounds 3 and 4 because the team didn't have alot of holes and none in the starter positions. Looney, fleming, Robinson, etc... were all added for depth behind our stud starters and we are also a team that likes to develop players.

In Harbs/Baalke first year we saw studs like Aldon and Kaep, etc... It's easier to judge these guys because they get more playing and they were drafted to become instant starters or starters in the near future. We will see the same thing this year with Reid and McDonald. We had to trade up to find guys to make an immediate impact. Next year depending what free agents leave or who gets hurt, etc... We might have another draft that we trade a bunch of picks away or we just simply draft to develop more guys because only 1 or 2 starters will need to be replaced every other year.

Now I'm rambling, need to get back to work. This draft still looks fine IMO and I would still grade it a low B.

wtf? no

wtf?yes

I guess you're right, just a matter of time before Looney and Cam Johnson become all pros. I apologize.
I guess you're right, just a matter of time before Looney and Cam Johnson become all pros. I apologize.

I know you were being sarcastic, but I would be surprised if Cam even made the team the way Lemon and Haralson have come on. In addition, Whilote and Moody look promising on the inside. Plus, doesn't Cam have sickle cell or something?
Share 49ersWebzone