LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Countdown to 49ers Stadium Groundbreaking: 0 days!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
tres
what's being built @ the golf&tennis club?
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

And for those of us who don't live in SF I'm hoping for pics.

I'm in Wisconsin myself but they are actually showing it live on a webcam which they will have I believe on 24/7 during construction. I'm sure the 49ers will put up pics but it isn't open to the public. It's invites only.

P.S. 1 day until the schedule is out, 3 days until groundbreaking... 10 until draft
Well, I can't wait. Much of those pics will no doubt become part of my rotating desktop theme
Originally posted by mayo49:
3 days

woooooooooooooooo
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
It was me. ;-) I may end up moving further away from the site tho because I may change employers in the next few months, but we'll see what happens. I'm hoping it won't impact my little project.

BTW...I drove by the site today when just on my way someplace else and saw that there is a huge White Tent in the middle of what was the lot and a miniature football field beside it. Must have something to do with the Groundbreaking.

yeah, if you GoogleMaps the site with satellite view, it definitely looks like theres something going on there...

That must be something else. Might be an older pic. That picture also shows the HQ parking lot which was destroyed several weeks ago.

The lot is gone. Its all dirt now. The tent is in the center and larger than that. The small football field is on the north side of the tent.
what's being built @ the golf&tennis club?

Its in front of the club. Thats a Parking Garage.

TWO!!
Google images come from a bunch of difference sources and can be up to years old. Probably depends on the place. Like around me I found some of my relatives house that have a 2009 copyright. Maybe bigger cities they update the images more. So that image has a 2012 copyright so was probably taken a few months ago. I zoomed in and it looked like a lot of pre construction stuff there.

Anyways, 0 days until schedule is released...... 2 days until stadium groundbreaking..........9 until the draft
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 17, 2012 at 12:41 AM ]
Marvin, maybe you could clear up that overhead pic for us. So across from 49ers HQ to the left is where the stadium is going. Will the stadium take up that whole area with the white rectangular building? Then to the left of that is Great America's parking lot which we will use. I believe there is another smaller lot to the left of that one maybe for overflow which probably won't be needed because across the road where that tennis club is located is where the parking garage is going?

2 days

woooooooooooooooo
Originally posted by DANADA:
2 days

woooooooooooooooo

cheater
Marvin or someone please post the pics and captions on this site:

http://newballpark.org/

(work computer is blocked, posting this from my phone)
Marvin or someone please post the pics and captions on this site:

http://newballpark.org/

(work computer is blocked, posting this from my phone)

yup...thats what I saw. Thats the big tent.

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Marvin, maybe you could clear up that overhead pic for us. So across from 49ers HQ to the left is where the stadium is going. Will the stadium take up that whole area with the white rectangular building? Then to the left of that is Great America's parking lot which we will use. I believe there is another smaller lot to the left of that one maybe for overflow which probably won't be needed because across the road where that tennis club is located is where the parking garage is going?

So the entire lot that the tent is sitting on in the google pic will be covered by the stadium as well as the road to the right (Centennial Blvd). The south east corner of the stadium will only be about 20 feet from the team HQ.

The Great America lot will be for parking and the other lot you are referring to is the Hilton Hotel parking lot.

Accross the street is the Parking Garage and the Montana/DeBartolo project will be right next to that.
Share 49ersWebzone