There are 237 users in the forums

Poll: Peyton or Alex?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Poll: Peyton or Alex?

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Well I wouldn't say failure, after all he has a Super Bowl ring. I understand the good fight your putting up, don't worry bro Alex Smith will be re-signed.

If we re-sign Alex instead of Peyton at this point I would probably be as devastated as I was after the NFC championship game...
Originally posted by KID9R:
Its amazing what a difference a year makes. The guy gets hurt once and now some people would take Alex over Manning. Ridiculous

He had four neck surgeries and hardware put in his neck to stabelize vertabrae. He may look good throwing passes in gym shorts, but maybe not so good when trying to dodge a live rush behind a line that gave up 44 sacks last year (and I'll concede that he won't hold it like Alex, so we'll call it 30, plus 5 for the loss of Snyder at RG to be replaced by some noob). There should be a discount for the medical risk and any contract should account for this and have lots of incentives.

http://kdvr.com/2012/03/16/doctor-cautious-after-peyton-mannings-neck-surgeries/
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
I've given you nothing but logic and facts. Why don't you answer this one: How do Peyton Manning's post-season achievements stack up with his regular season achievements? Answer: notably worse. So, if this is all about pushing the Niners over the top to get the Super Bowl, why is everyone so certain that Manning is the guy? Manning's playoff record is 9-10. He was one-and-done SEVEN times with Colts. TDs 29 Ints 19 QB Rating 88.4. We're not talking about signing Joe Montana here.

DAMN i love this post!

it is well known Peyton doesn't win the big games!!

That is an undeniable fact. He's a well known choker.

He's never had a defence like ours.
Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Playoff winning percentage
Alex 50%
Manning 47%

Percentage of Playoff births

Manning 84%

Alex 14%

Number of Superbowl loses

Manning 1
Alex 0
but if he could build a lead don't you think he would be able to come from behind, given that he is PEYTON MANNING, he is supposed to be sooo great, but ever since college he has been known for not being able to win the big games, like florida in college and the Patriots... plus he didn't win that super bowl against the bears, in fact he did his best to lost it! against a very sorry QB in Grossman.

P. Manning for all of his greatness is not a big game QB (remember his duel with Brees?) Ironically in contrast, Eli Manning isn't an elite QB, but he has had the knack of winning the big games.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I've given you nothing but logic and facts. Why don't you answer this one: How do Peyton Manning's post-season achievements stack up with his regular season achievements? Answer: notably worse. So, if this is all about pushing the Niners over the top to get the Super Bowl, why is everyone so certain that Manning is the guy? Manning's playoff record is 9-10. He was one-and-done SEVEN times with Colts. TDs 29 Ints 19 QB Rating 88.4. We're not talking about signing Joe Montana here.

DAMN i love this post!

Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Alex 50%
Manning 47%

great logic there bro

cant argue with math, go look at Mannings playoff numbers, atrocious

go look at Alex's regular season numbers, atrocious
Jreff c'mon man, even I want Smith re-signed, but those percentages don't tell the whole story. For one, look how many times Manning has been to the playoffs. Manning also has more than two playoff wins, and you can't blame all those playoff losses on Manning.

Very true but Manning is a playoff failure, and everybody was asking what kind of playoff QB Alex would be...clutch or Manning.

Well I wouldn't say failure, after all he has a Super Bowl ring. I understand the good fight your putting up, don't worry bro Alex Smith will be re-signed.

Well according to some it doesn't mean much because Dilfer has one.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

DAMN i love this post!

Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Peyton team's were built around his ability to build a lead... so his defense were good... good at getting to the QB and making TOs...

Peyton had plenty of chances to make plays and take his team to the next level, but seemed to fail every time.

That's the point though. The defenses were awfull when they didn't have the lead, so when in the playoffs and typical playing very good defenses they put too much on Manning to score early and often. He could play a way more balanced offence here with our running game(like the one he had on his super bowl run) D and STs

but if he could build a lead don't you think he would be able to come from behind, given that he is PEYTON MANNING, he is supposed to be sooo great, but ever since college he has been known for not being able to win the big games, like florida in college and the Patriots... plus he didn't win that super bowl against the bears, in fact he did his best to lost it! against a very sorry QB in Grossman.

Ya John Elway struggled in the playoffs too until he had a running game and defense to help get him get a couple of super bowls

DAMN i love this post!

Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Alex 50%
Manning 47%

Manning 84%

Alex 14%

Manning 1
Alex 0

Number of Superbowl wins

Manning 1
Alex 0

DAMN i love this post!

Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Alex 50%
Manning 47%

great logic there bro

with a decent coaching staff it changed real fast didnt it

DAMN i love this post!

Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Alex 50%
Manning 47%

great logic there bro

with a decent coaching staff it changed real fast didnt it

with a real defense Manning's post-season #'s could change real fast as well.

• KID9R
  • Veteran

DAMN i love this post!

Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Alex 50%
Manning 47%

Manning 84%

Alex 14%

Manning 1
Alex 0

Superbowl appearances
Manning 2
Alex 0

We could do this all day, but we both know Manning is better and I feel silly for just playing along with you.

DAMN i love this post!

Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Alex 50%
Manning 47%

Manning 84%

Alex 14%

Manning 1
Alex 0

Number of Superbowl wins

Manning 1
Alex 0

DAMN i love this post!

Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Alex 50%
Manning 47%

Manning 84%

Alex 14%

Manning 1
Alex 0

Superbowl appearances
Manning 2
Alex 0

We could do this all day, but we both know Manning is better and I feel silly for just playing along with you.

a healthy Manning yes, and I have stated that over and over....I don't trust his health nor our offensive line

DAMN i love this post!

Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Peyton team's were built around his ability to build a lead... so his defense were good... good at getting to the QB and making TOs...

Peyton had plenty of chances to make plays and take his team to the next level, but seemed to fail every time.

That's the point though. The defenses were awfull when they didn't have the lead, so when in the playoffs and typical playing very good defenses they put too much on Manning to score early and often. He could play a way more balanced offence here with our running game(like the one he had on his super bowl run) D and STs

Ya John Elway struggled in the playoffs too until he had a running game and defense to help get him get a couple of super bowls

lol yeah but you peyton supporters want to forget that peyton controls the offense, there is a reason why he has never had a running game, uuhhh because he checks out of runs and into passes all the time! and again his contracts have been crazy hugh 20+ mil a year come on, really how can you build a team with one guy earning that money... if the 9ers sign him you can say good bye to bowman and culliver and who else knows
lol, "playoff births."
Share 49ersWebzone