There are 225 users in the forums

Poll: Peyton or Alex?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Poll: Peyton or Alex?

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
look how s**tty the colts are without him. you add him into the mix, they're superbowl contenders. Look how s**tty we are without him. you add him into the mix, we're unstoppable.

nope not really... the colts wouldn't be Super Bowl contenders this year, they would of barely made the playoffs.... mannings huge contract hurts his team to fill the holes at positions on need.
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
I've given you nothing but logic and facts. Why don't you answer this one: How do Peyton Manning's post-season achievements stack up with his regular season achievements? Answer: notably worse. So, if this is all about pushing the Niners over the top to get the Super Bowl, why is everyone so certain that Manning is the guy? Manning's playoff record is 9-10. He was one-and-done SEVEN times with Colts. TDs 29 Ints 19 QB Rating 88.4. We're not talking about signing Joe Montana here.

DAMN i love this post!

it is well known Peyton doesn't win the big games!!

That is an undeniable fact. He's a well known choker.

He's never had a defence like ours.
Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Playoff winning percentage
Alex 50%
Manning 47%
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
look how s**tty the colts are without him. you add him into the mix, they're superbowl contenders. Look how s**tty we are without him. you add him into the mix, we're unstoppable.
if we blow our budget on him whos gonna keep him upright? We give up sacks. Dont forget how many ruthless sacks Alex got up from last year....

Alex wants Sanches money.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
I've given you nothing but logic and facts. Why don't you answer this one: How do Peyton Manning's post-season achievements stack up with his regular season achievements? Answer: notably worse. So, if this is all about pushing the Niners over the top to get the Super Bowl, why is everyone so certain that Manning is the guy? Manning's playoff record is 9-10. He was one-and-done SEVEN times with Colts. TDs 29 Ints 19 QB Rating 88.4. We're not talking about signing Joe Montana here.

DAMN i love this post!

Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Alex 50%
Manning 47%

Jreff c'mon man, even I want Smith re-signed, but those percentages don't tell the whole story. For one, look how many times Manning has been to the playoffs. Manning also has more than two playoff wins, and you can't blame all those playoff losses on Manning.

DAMN i love this post!

Ya. Peeps here are blinded by their hatred of Alex Smith. Most of them would be chomping at the bit for joe Namath if he said he wanted to lead the 49ers this year, because he won a super bowl and Alex hasnt!!!

DAMN i love this post!

Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Alex 50%
Manning 47%

LOL!!! This!!

DAMN i love this post!

it is well known Peyton doesn't win the big games!!e

You guys are rediculous. I wonder what would happen to the Colts if they don't have Peyton Manning as their QB? Oh they are the worst team in the league. With Peyton and their horrible team they are playoff bound perhaps superbowl contenders. Without him they are the worst team in the league. Now add Peyton to a team that wins with a QB who only threw 17 td's this season, and still managed to almost go to a superbowl...

I have no idea how you guys seem to want to take Alex over Peyton
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
if we blow our budget on him whos gonna keep him upright? We give up sacks. Dont forget how many ruthless sacks Alex got up from last year....

Alex wants Sanches money.

were did you hear that?? i haven't heard what kind of money alex wants or what kind of contract the 9ers offered him.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Jreff c'mon man, even I want Smith re-signed, but those percentages don't tell the whole story. For one, look how many times Manning has been to the playoffs. Manning also has more than two playoff wins, and you can't blame all those playoff losses on Manning.

Very true but Manning is a playoff failure, and everybody was asking what kind of playoff QB Alex would be...clutch or Manning.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

DAMN i love this post!

Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Peyton team's were built around his ability to build a lead... so his defense were good... good at getting to the QB and making TOs...

Peyton had plenty of chances to make plays and take his team to the next level, but seemed to fail every time.

That's the point though. The defenses were awfull when they didn't have the lead, so when in the playoffs and typical playing very good defenses they put too much on Manning to score early and often. He could play a way more balanced offence here with our running game(like the one he had on his super bowl run) D and STs

DAMN i love this post!

Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Alex 50%
Manning 47%

great logic there bro
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Very true but Manning is a playoff failure, and everybody was asking what kind of playoff QB Alex would be...clutch or Manning.

Well I wouldn't say failure, after all he has a Super Bowl ring. I understand the good fight your putting up, don't worry bro Alex Smith will be re-signed.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

DAMN i love this post!

Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Alex 50%
Manning 47%

great logic there bro

cant argue with math, go look at Mannings playoff numbers, atrocious

DAMN i love this post!

Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Peyton team's were built around his ability to build a lead... so his defense were good... good at getting to the QB and making TOs...

Peyton had plenty of chances to make plays and take his team to the next level, but seemed to fail every time.

That's the point though. The defenses were awfull when they didn't have the lead, so when in the playoffs and typical playing very good defenses they put too much on Manning to score early and often. He could play a way more balanced offence here with our running game(like the one he had on his super bowl run) D and STs

but if he could build a lead don't you think he would be able to come from behind, given that he is PEYTON MANNING, he is supposed to be sooo great, but ever since college he has been known for not being able to win the big games, like florida in college and the Patriots... plus he didn't win that super bowl against the bears, in fact he did his best to lost it! against a very sorry QB in Grossman.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

DAMN i love this post!

Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Alex 50%
Manning 47%

Percentage of Playoff births

Manning 84%

Alex 14%
Share 49ersWebzone