LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

Losing Morgan Hurts us, but how bad?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RDB4216:
I think we will miss his run blocking a bit. Moss has never been a blocker, and same with Lloyd if we end up signing him (). Stephen Hill would fill that void though!
This is whay I thinke we draft him in the first if he's there at pick 30.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
was barely on the team last season and we did just fine.

Our defense and ST did just fine. Our offense was inconsistent at best, and atrocious on third downs.
He certainly was a very good WR for our team, but OTC is correct. Lot's of splilt-end types in the draft all the way through each round. Not worried one bit. If we land Schilens, he would be an upgrade to Morgan, IMO, at 6'4". 225 VS 6'1", 215. Schilens has some serious skills as well. Can he stay healthy?

If we don't land him in FA, then here come the draft prospects: Hill, Randle, Jeffery, Sanu, Quick, Toon, M. Jones, Cruiner, Fuller, OR McNutt. That's some list right there!!!

We won't even notice Morgan is gone next year. Appreciate all the years he played for the Niners but he was at best a mediocre wide receiver and they are a dime a dozen.
Not much if anything.

We did alright w/out him last year. We'll do even bettter this year.
I'm thinking, sign Manningham and Schilens...the former 'cause he's a real playmaker and the latter because he's a big, fast WR. A co-worker is a huge Raiders fan and said he's definitely worth signing. His numbers in Oakland weren't great, due in part to injuries and opportunities. So, to answer the question, the FO has a chance to not just replace Morgan, but to up it substantially.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Redskins are by far the stupidest organization in football in regards to FA and the draft. They are f**king clueless. Their AFC stupidity counterpart would have to be the Raiders.

Not to mention they're spending money they don't have lol.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'm thinking, sign Manningham and Schilens...the former 'cause he's a real playmaker and the latter because he's a big, fast WR. A co-worker is a huge Raiders fan and said he's definitely worth signing. His numbers in Oakland weren't great, due in part to injuries and opportunities. So, to answer the question, the FO has a chance to not just replace Morgan, but to up it substantially.

I'm really warming up to the thought of signing Schilens.
Who cares we lost Morgan, for that price let him go. He didn't want to be part of this Championship team, then its his lost, Morgan= Overated
  • titan
  • Veteran
I will miss that #2 or #3 WR. He sure was a tough blocker. Maybe we can get a blocking WR for cheaper than what the Skins are willing to pay.

who?
More gone
Originally posted by rxrunner:
who?

Exactly! Josh played 5 games and we were 13-3. I liked him, but he is not a huge loss. Good luck to ya!
  • dmax
  • Veteran
he'll be missed alot
I like Morgan but dude is not a difference maker..we will be fine and he'll be unfortunate to miss out on a ring next yr. Good for him, he got paid.
Share 49ersWebzone