49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 416 users in the forums

Gooden Re-signed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ImaMod:
San Francisco 49ers ‏
Tavares Gooden: "I wanted to be here, having a salty taste in my mouth after last season. I just felt like there was unfinished business."

salty taste in his mouth...
  • cools
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,828
Glad to have him back, Important depth player since he can play inside or outside, and of a key member of our special teams squad
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,443
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
San Francisco 49ers ‏
Tavares Gooden: "I wanted to be here, having a salty taste in my mouth after last season. I just felt like there was unfinished business."

salty taste in his mouth...

lmao!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,443
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by sfout:
Ginn is testing the market as well. Its why he took the pay cut(other then to say on the team) we shaved off a year of his deal so he could hit FA and find out his true market value before we consider re-signing him.

I know I am just wishing we would have singed him and Costanzo but it's not like we still can't. I am fine with Snyder gone, fine with Morgan gone although I prefer he stays, Rogers is going to do his thing... Alex will be back.

Really wondering if they have enough confidence in Gooden to backup Patrick and Bowman if Grant leaves? Could save us a draft pick. Another big question is do we go back to having 2 ILB backups or will this regime look for guys who can backup both spots? Judging by how they like to save roster spots I would say the 2nd one... we only carried 3 OLBs as well... last regime was 5

Gooden can back up both spots, he played OLB and ILB at Miami, its why we only carried 3 OLBs and 5 "ILBs". IMHO if Grant left we go more for an OLB backup and leave Gooden as the primary ILB backup.
Originally posted by sfout:
Gooden can back up both spots, he played OLB and ILB at Miami, its why we only carried 3 OLBs and 5 "ILBs". IMHO if Grant left we go more for an OLB backup and leave Gooden as the primary ILB backup.

If they believe he can backup both spots that would save the need to have a 4th ILB which is what I think they want. Someone who can backup both spots. Also, should save us a draft pick. Like you said could play OLB in an emergency if two guys went down... no jinx and highly unlikely.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 14, 2012 at 8:42 AM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
San Francisco 49ers ‏
Tavares Gooden: "I wanted to be here, having a salty taste in my mouth after last season. I just felt like there was unfinished business."

salty taste in his mouth...

lmao!

Has anyone heard someone use the term salty in that context? I would think bitter would be more appropriate.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by sfout:
Gooden can back up both spots, he played OLB and ILB at Miami, its why we only carried 3 OLBs and 5 "ILBs". IMHO if Grant left we go more for an OLB backup and leave Gooden as the primary ILB backup.

If they believe he can backup both spots that would save the need to have a 4th ILB which is what I think they want. Someone who can backup both spots. Also, should save us a draft pick. Like you said could play OLB in an emergency if two guys went down... no jinx and highly unlikely.

Our LB core if we keep Haralson, I hope so at a lower cost.

OLB- Brooks, Aldon, Haralson, Rookie
ILB- Willis, Bowman, Gooden, Rookie/Grant

I think we have a solid 4 starters, and then Gooden and Haralson are solid backups.
Would'nt mind bring back that cat we cut before year started #57 starts with k, he looked solid great back imo.
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
Would'nt mind bring back that cat we cut before year started #57 starts with k, he looked solid great back imo.

Keaton Kristick, i think.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Keaton Kristick, i think.

yeah that guy, liked his hustle. Whatever happend with him?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,443
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Keaton Kristick, i think.

yeah that guy, liked his hustle. Whatever happend with him?

out of the league???

ESPN doesn't have him listed on a team and his photo is still the one with a 9ers jersey.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by sfout:
Gooden can back up both spots, he played OLB and ILB at Miami, its why we only carried 3 OLBs and 5 "ILBs". IMHO if Grant left we go more for an OLB backup and leave Gooden as the primary ILB backup.

If they believe he can backup both spots that would save the need to have a 4th ILB which is what I think they want. Someone who can backup both spots. Also, should save us a draft pick. Like you said could play OLB in an emergency if two guys went down... no jinx and highly unlikely.

Playing both inside and outside at miami in their 4-3 is allot different than playing both in an NFL 3-4.

These moves make me think they target someone like Tank Carder or Shea McClellan in the draft, which would be amazing.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone