LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 350 users in the forums

What are the chances Michael Crabtree has a breakout 2012 season, like VD in 2009?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What are the chances Michael Crabtree has a breakout 2012 season, like VD in 2009?

I'd put it at >80%. He's gradually improving every year, and he did quite well in '11 playing in the league's most conservative offense
My first two results keep disappearing! should be 25% and 5%
He has improved year, I dont see why that trend doesnt continue next year
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He will only have a decent year when its a contract year.
[ Edited by susweel on Mar 7, 2012 at 2:23 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
He will only have a decent year when its a contract year.

If he regresses, or anything less than improvement, I think he would get cut next year.

But I do think he will have a ~900yd 7TD season next year. Solid #2 WR.

Problem is, at this point, we don't have a #1 WR.
He'd be better if the 49ers can find a WR to compliment him on the other side.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
If he regresses, or anything less than improvement, I think he would get cut next year.

2012: 91 Catches, 1,057 yards, 7 TDs
I'm thinking 50/50
I am done making excusses for Crabs and waiting on him to finally perform to the level of his talents. He had a golden opportunity to "breakout" in 2011 when Edwards was sent packing and he had not a sole on earth to challange him but he just plain crapped out. Its been three years with the same QB and he still hasn't developed a relationship with Smith. I have no more hope he will ever pan out, not at least for the 49ers.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Mar 7, 2012 at 2:44 PM ]

Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I am done making excusses for Crabs and waiting on his to finally perform. He had a golden opportunity to breakout in 2011 when Edwards was sent packing but he just plain crapped out. Its been three years with the same QB and he still hasn't developed a relationship with Smith. I have no more hope he will ever pan out, not at least for the 49ers.

72 catches, 874 yards ain't bad.
probably not as good as Nickbradly making another thread in the next 60 minutes......

J/k, good thought provoking stuff....

why do people think he is a number 2 receiver, crabs is a #1 target type of receiver
Originally posted by nickbradley:

2012: 91 Catches, 1,057 yards, 7 TDs
I just hope he stays healthy...
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I am done making excusses for Crabs and waiting on his to finally perform. He had a golden opportunity to breakout in 2011 when Edwards was sent packing but he just plain crapped out. Its been three years with the same QB and he still hasn't developed a relationship with Smith. I have no more hope he will ever pan out, not at least for the 49ers.

72 catches, 874 yards ain't bad.
I'm not impressed at all. After 3 seasons and thats the best we can expect from our supposed #1 who won't, but the way, buy in to the team with an attitude to boot? I'm sorry but that's piss-poor.
Share 49ersWebzone