There are 263 users in the forums

3-17 on Third Downs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wheelz29:
Alex can't throw deep,they forced him to do it and he missed all the time

Alex can't throw deep? Are you kidding me man? Did you watch the darn game? He threw a great ball (not perfect but perfectly catchable) to Ginn and what happened? Another wr who can't find the ball in the air and made no attempt at the ball. That is a td right there on a deep ball my friend.

Another time was when he threw a deep sideline ball to Crabs, who never saw the ball so never made a play for it. Ball was right there if he would have seen it. I guess we just lost it in the sun all day, eh? unbelievable not to place any blame on our wr's.

Please people, Alex was by no means perfect. He missed on some passes but lets have some football IQ for a change on this board.

The oline sucked and was reason #1 for this loss.

Coaching stunk in this game. Why Braylon is still in there and not Williams is mind boggling.

Wr's who can't find the ball in the air and are never working open when Alex has to scramble, which is all the dam time due to our swiss cheese oline.
Seriously the o line was the reason why the niners sucked balls on third down conversion ? The Arizona QB made 49ers defense miss all game, showed pocket awareness that out great Alex has yet to develop ... This is not an Alex smith thread and it's not overreaction since some on this forum myself included have been pointing to some concerning stats (3rd down efficiency) ... Big Ben is next to alex among QB's sacked but the man will make plays.....
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Wow...the Alex haters came out QUICK.

People need to stop with this "Alex hater" b******t. He didn't look good out there. The rest of the offense looked s**tty as well but Smith made bad plays, bad passes......at some point the QB has to step up and impose his will and MAKE plays, Alex has yet to show he can do that.

We have 10 wins because of Alex.

Our D gave up 21 points. Our O-line looked like swiss cheese. We had one good run all day. Sure he takes some of the blame, but there is plenty to go around.

Our D and ST have been Superbowl caliber this year. If they were just average, we'd be way below 10 wins. Our O is pedestrian and scares nobody.
I just don't understand howcome we couldn't adjust to the blitz, they came at us all day
Originally posted by jreff22:
it starts at play calling bud

This. We just need some better play calls for sure.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
It's the OL, the play calling, the coaching, WRs dropping balls, and everything else but Alex Smith. Give me a break! For the past 7 seasons, we've seen and know what Alex is...A mediocre QB who plays it safe (hence the low yardage total and low int. rate).
3-17 on 3rd down tends to happen when your receivers drop passes and your oline can't block.
Originally posted by backontop:
3-17 on 3rd down tends to happen when your receivers drop passes and your oline can't block.

once again it is our recievers and oline. alex's whole career its been the same problems.....we have truely robbed alex of a hall of fame career. i can only imagine what alex could do on another team. what a waste of talent.

this whole season we have been horrible on 3rd down conversions. alex could've put up huge #s this year. this garbage offense is f'n with alex's money as well. hopefully the 9ers will be smart enough to take that into consideration when offering him a long term deal.......if not some other team....heck any team has more talent than what alex has had to deal with here....they'll give him the money h deserves and hopefully, scratch that, most likely he will put up #s that will still get him into the hall of fame. god willing.
Well, it's not good, but you have to look at the turnover ratio. Would we be better served with several more touchdowns if it were at the cost of several more turnovers? If we had an even turnover ratio, but a dozen more TD's, would we have a better record? It really all comes down to giving yourself the best chance to win.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

once again it is our recievers and oline. alex's whole career its been the same problems.....we have truely robbed alex of a hall of fame career. i can only imagine what alex could do on another team. what a waste of talent.

this whole season we have been horrible on 3rd down conversions. alex could've put up huge #s this year. this garbage offense is f'n with alex's money as well. hopefully the 9ers will be smart enough to take that into consideration when offering him a long term deal.......if not some other team....heck any team has more talent than what alex has had to deal with here....they'll give him the money h deserves and hopefully, scratch that, most likely he will put up #s that will still get him into the hall of fame. god willing.

How many times has he made the play and made the throw(no thanks to the oline) only for the receiver to drop the pass?

Originally posted by Afrikan:

How many times has he made the play and made the throw(no thanks to the oline) only for the receiver to drop the pass?
example?.....i'll bet u'll prove my point for me.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Well, it's not good, but you have to look at the turnover ratio. Would we be better served with several more touchdowns if it were at the cost of several more turnovers? If we had an even turnover ratio, but a dozen more TD's, would we have a better record? It really all comes down to giving yourself the best chance to win.

You can't expect the defense and ST to be great every game, can ya? The running game and defense is why we have a good record. Can we get solid play out of the passing game for a change? The passing offense has been horrendous for the past seven years and one common denominator is Alex Smith. Sorry, but the running game, the defense and ST all are super bowl caliber , however, the passing game on offense and defense will definitely be our down fall in the playoffs.
Running game being great is a meme. It hasn't Even been that good for a few weeks now
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Look, everything starts with the oline...The line played like crap against the ravens...we got exposed and its gonna
happen every game until they get their crap together. Next is playcalling....to beat the blitz you call screens or quick slants
something harbaugh or roman isnt doing on a consistant basis. Last ..its on alex to get that ball out quick
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by jreff22:
it starts at play calling bud

This. We just need some better play calls for sure.

Year after year its always the play calling ?
Share 49ersWebzone