There are 261 users in the forums

After 9 years of losing..And now division champs.. Still no love..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bottom line is, are the teams in the NFL respecting the Niners??

The media is one thing, but are the other 31 asleep about SF? I no longer think so.

It started with the Philly comeback and got very interesting after the Tampa Bay route. The decisive Detroit win legitimized SF quite a bit, and the Giants win finally proved we are a playoff team (nationally).

I think had we beaten the Ravens it would have done a lot. Of course I think we can take them down but that win would have been huge....

Don't worry, let's hope teams are asleep at the wheel like the Bucs were. However, I no longer think this is the case. I've always felt the league has enjoyed putting their most herculean efforts towards beating the Niners. I've been watching for over 20 years, it just seems that way.

I just want the Saints smashed first, GB next. I'm tired of most fans seeing the NFC battle being between these two recent superbowl teams.......it's actually become quite rare that superbowl teams repeat anymore, last time I think was New England mid '00s. However, people still think this is '80s/'90s NFC where you knew who was gonna be in the NFC Champ game with 95% certainty.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Dec 5, 2011 at 3:30 PM ]
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
why should we? so we're at the top of the weakest division in football, so what. I can understand if we went all the way to the NFC Championship game and still nobody gave the 9ers love.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RiversideNine84:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
If this was the Cowboys ending a 9 year playoff drought the media would be sucking their dicks right now.

I heard that.. They lose and they still get slurped on.. Sick of it..

Tony Romo vs Alex Smith

thats why
Here is an image to demonstrate how much I care.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by mickey49:
Man, this thread again. I'll never get why people get so worked up about not "getting love" from the media. Me personally, I'm just happy and grateful this team is winning and going to the playoffs. All I care about is wins. All that media stuff that people think is so important will work itself out. I really don't care about who writes or doesn't write about us, east or west coast. It's all about wins!

And while I think this team is built for a long-run of success, we all know nothing is guaranteed, so we should be a little bit humble here. Just sit back and enjoy the ride for now...

ya exactly, i actually prefer the spot we're in, i'm a detroit pistons fan and us being underrated in the 2004 nba finals was awesome for me, i knew we were good and didnt need the media to validate that, we beat the lakers 4-1 with shaq/kobe/payton/malone/fisher

yup doesnt matter what the rest of the world thinks. coming in under the radar isnt a bad thing.
Originally posted by FaithInJH:
f**k the media

THIS. The media are ignorant.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

Originally posted by RiversideNine84:
I know what Harbaugh said that he doesn't want any attention from the media on our success this year.. But it really irks me that even after 9 long hurtful years of losing, being the laughing stock of the NFL, we still get no love from espn or nfl network about us winning the West for the first time since 2002.. I woke up earily this morning hope to catch a discussion on The Herd or First Take or even Sportscenter, but as expected.. NOTHING! All they want to talk about is how the Cowgirls lost to the crappy Cards and Tebow barley winning against the crappy Vikings and the Pack winning a close against the Giants... I mean just for the fact, that we were once a proud franchise that won countless Superbowls and have some of the greatest players to ever play the position period they still wanna give us no love? What is it going to take for us to be recognized as one of the elite teams in the league right now? We have the 2nd best record in the league and you can say all you want about our division but we have only played 3 games within the division thus far.. We are 4-1 on the road, 6-1 at home! What else do we have to do? Who else do we have to beat? We have done the unthinkable this year, being 10-2. The 49ers have exceeded everyone expectations and then some.. But you have Colan Cowheard (what ever his name is) saying how good the Cards defense is and how there one of the better teams not to make playoffs? Are you kidding me? Just cuz they beat the Cowgirls? Give me a break.. I guess we have to ride into Green Bay and beat them for the NFC championship, then they will have no other reason but to talk about us.. Am i lying?

I'm with u 100% Riverside....NO FREAKING LOVE,NOT EVEN WITH JOE ON THE SIDELINES MAIN F@CK SPORTSCENTER
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Here is an image to demonstrate how much I care.
Ha.

I [don't] see what you did there!
Yeah but Deion Sanders talking about every team in the NFC being lunch meat for the Packers really fired me up!!!

WE AREN'T LUNCH MEAT FOR ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!

• BenQ
  • Veteran
40whiners man...
Look, you guys are making something out of nothing. Its all about ratings. We played the Rams or Zona-no one interested cause it is a meaningless game in terms of how it affects the playoffs (not just for one team but two). The ravens game was one of the most watched. Two playoff teams, two winning teams. Brother vs brother. In other words plot lines and scores. Injury.

Also, I seen the broadcast and they showed the niners as much as they could. what makes for great highlights TDs and close games. Example Giants vs Packers, lots of TDs, undefeated streak on the line. Playoff implications.

Niners only score so many TDs a game. If you win and it is with field goals, well unless it is for winning or losing, they are not going to show all of them, unless a record has been set.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
so if you expected to hear nothing about the niners on those shows then why wake up early?

Fool, you made me spit my water all over laughing at that s**t.
There won't be any recognition of us, even in the playoffs. The media will just focus on our opponent, no matter who it is.

Win the Super Bowl? Then the East Coasters start paying attention. Until then???

Don't hold your breath waiting for 49er highlights to come on the NFL Network...

Remember: Deion knows football better than you -- fool!
  • vaden
  • Veteran
It's better this way, helps the players keep their edge. #1 concern right now is complacency costing us the bye.
Share 49ersWebzone