There are 149 users in the forums

Couple of thoughts...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lssanjose:
Originally posted by jreff22:
like that one 70 yard TD Alex had.......taken away

valid or not, eight penalties is a sign of lack of focus.. I think the WR lineup should be Crabtree, Williams/Ginn. Edwards is proving to be a non-factor. Does Roman have a different rule on health, and starting? I know Fangio doesn't think it's worth starting a player who's not 100%, over one who is 100%, but isn't as good as the starter.
Outside of Crabs and Williams I don't trust any other guys at WR
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
This is the way I look at it:

1. This was our 2nd road game in a span of 5 days. This was the ravens 2nd home game in 5 days. Clear fatigue factor.

2. We lost to perhaps the best team in the AFC.

3. The ravens caught a few very significant breaks from the refs.

4. They showed us our weaknesses. The coaches now know where our team needs work, and they have 10 days to review what went wrong. Also this was John, so I'm sure he will offer some advice to his little brother about how he beat us.

5. Streaks are bad in the NFL. Everyone just keeps hyping you up and setting you up for failure. Hopefully the media will back off our team and let them concentrate on getting a 1st round by in the playoffs, which is a realistic goal.

6. We have another "test" against the steelers in much favorable conditions. They're almost a carbon copy of the ravens, so hopefully our team will show what they learned from this game.

Just my 2 cents. Hope we meet the Ravens again this season.

A wise man has sponken. Please pay attention, Niner fans .

The Niners won four out of their five trips to the East and had to travel further and longer than the Packers and the Dolphins did. Their asses were sucking buttermilk. They looked tired, lethargic and generally out of it. Yeah, the O-line looked terrible and Chilo Rachal is the second coming of Kwame Harris, but unless the Rams, Cardinals and Seahawks have clones of the Ravens D, the line can't be any worse. Thank heavens for a 10-day break before the Rams come to town.

In the NFC, besides the Packers, WHO'S GOT IT BETTER THAN US? NOBODY!
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Im calm doot
What we really need is to draft another Mike Iupati like player for right guard. Rachal needs to go asap, he is the weakest link on our team period, yes not only on our o-line but our whole team. Moran Norris is really slow getting off the ball and we really miss the athleticism of Bruce Miller last night. Other than Mike Iupati, the whole line needs help. Staley played ok last night but he was still getting beat a couple of times. Dont panic people, this will be the game that we learned from and lets hope that we'll see not some but a whole lot of improvement next game against the Lambs.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I was wondering that too, where the heck where the screen passes, and why did we rarely blitz on defense?? I gotta say, that game was called kind of Singletary'ish.

We didnt run run run punt. Rather it was pass pass(sack) run punt. HUGE difference in philosophy.

This would have been the game to break out the screen pass, but we didnt. It sort of makes sense. In the overall scheme of things, this game really didnt matter. Sure to keep pressure on GB, but I doubt Jim really cares about that.

Use plays we never have so the world can see them to go 10-1, or hide them and unveil them when the games really matter (playoffs).

The division is ours, thats pretty much a given unless you talk to a Hawks fan, first round by is close and should be ours. Why show the teams we will be playing our unused weapons?

Yes, I would have loved to see Hunter grab a screen and run 70 yards to a score, but I will enjoy it more against the Saints or Packers.

Jim was right about Alex, about keeping our core in place, about Aldon. All things we have questioned a billion times. We were wondering when we would start passing, if Rogers was a good pickup. I trust Jim, I didnt with Nolan or Sing. All will be well. Division is ours, be excited, playcalling keeps getting more aggressive. The screens are coming, when they do, no one will have seen it coming.
There was sort of a conservative approach to the game last night as someone mentioned earlier in the thread but I feel it was the right way to attack the raven's defense. What was really lacking was just enough time to let the plays develop...I mean, each time Alex took his first step to drop back, the pocket was already collapsing in front of him down the middle, and if not, he was getting harassed by the ends by the time he finished his drop back. The throws weren't there because the time wasn't there. They were trying to get Davis involved early and a few dump offs that were tried would have really hurt the Ravens but again...there was no time. I think we really missed Miller last night...that was really evident in the pass blocking. Rachal was awful...The depth was a major factor there. I just heard Harbaugh saying that he will stick with him and not really worry about letting maybe say Alex Boone try and compete for the guard position, even though he's a tackle. Whatever the case, I hope Snyder's injury isn't too bad and that Miller can be back ASAP. BTW, did anyone catch what that fool Lynch said about the 49ers? Supposedly he was stating that the 49ers have been overachieving all year long...what a douche...
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
We need a quarterback that can make the big play in such a situation. One play could've been the difference. Alex has progressed, but is it enough? One of Coach Harbaughs' strengths is the ability to put talent on the field. Edwards takes up space and Rachael is dead wood. It's just one game, however, finally, the team is headed in the right direction.

yeah, but wasn't it under thrown?... I mean didn't Ginn have to stop and out jump a defender for it? Would have been nice if he could've caught it in stride.....not that it matters because of the penalty.....but Alex under threw that pass.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
This game showed us a few things,
1, We lack depth on offense, players like Rachel, and Norris are awful.
2, We have no legitimate big game wide receivers.
3, Frank Gore can be stopped, by selling out the middle of the field and forcing him to run east west.
4, JH does not believe in the screen pass.
5, When we can't get pressure with our front 4 we don't have a safety or linebacker who can blitz effectily.
6, Lack of rotation at D-line wears players out.
7, Our OLB's can't and must not ever pass cover

Things we need in the off season
Full Back, Guard, Free Safety, OLB, Running back, and even though he played well, we should never stop looking to improve at QB!

Did I miss anything? or am I over reacting?

I think we are a solid young team, with a few weak spots, we are heading in the right derection, and will only get better from here on out, so watch the f**k out NFL the Niners are on the way back!!!

1 - "This game" didn't show us that. This is not new or unique to this game, it's been that way for awhile. Norris and Rachal sucked all of last year too.
2 - "This game" didn't show us that either. This is also not new. It's been several years since Terell Owens left!
3 - "This game" didn't show us that either. Frank Gore is not a speed back - this is not breaking news. It also doesn't help when he slips and falls down on his own.
4 - This is seriously getting repetitive. How many screen passes have you seen all season?
5 - That is not true at all. Brooks can blitz just fine. Whitner can blitz too, he did so in Buffalo. Our defense chooses not to blitz, to cut down on the risk of the big play. Did you see what Torrey Smith did last week?? The NFL Network only showed it in their top 5 plays about FIFTY times last night.
6 - Really? This game showed that? And d-linemen getting tired is completely unique to the 49ers? Wow what are the other 31 teams doing that we are not?? Oh wait, all of the teams that don't have enough depth to rotate have that problem.
7 - This is a 3-4 defense. Your primary duty for the OLB's is to be able to pass rush. Coverage is a bonus. That being said, there aren't many LB's in the league that can cover Anquan Boldin. The Ravens ran a good scheme and got some favorable match-ups.

FB? We just drafted one. Guard? I'll agree with that. Free Safety? Dashon has been playng pretty well this year, if you hadn't noticed. OLB? We just drafted one, and Brooks is having a pretty good year too. Running Back? We just drafted one, and um...did you see the contract extension they just gave Gore?
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
We need a quarterback that can make the big play in such a situation. One play could've been the difference. Alex has progressed, but is it enough? One of Coach Harbaughs' strengths is the ability to put talent on the field. Edwards takes up space and Rachael is dead wood. It's just one game, however, finally, the team is headed in the right direction.

yeah, but wasn't it under thrown?... I mean didn't Ginn have to stop and out jump a defender for it? Would have been nice if he could've caught it in stride.....not that it matters because of the penalty.....but Alex under threw that pass.

Does it matter, it was a TD, and got called back.
Very good game by both teams and the Ravens showed what it will take to not only beat the Niners, but also the Packers if they are to meet in the Super Bowl. That Ravens team wasn't built overnight and have been drafting pretty good over the last decade and it shows. With that being said the future of the 49ers is very promising and this one lost won't change my mind about the direction this franchise is moving in.

I look at this year as a year to Pay Forward for the future of this franchise, and it's only going to get better, faster, and stronger as this Niners Train continue to build up steam to add another Vince Lombardi trophy to its collection of FIVE that already sit at 4949 Santa Clara Blvd. No one even expected this team to be in this position they're in today when the preseason ended, and look at them now. Playing in a prime time game on a Thanksgiving night with the second best record in the NFL and still continuing to grow into an elite squad on the gridiron will make any fan wanting the best for his team but some time the outcome isn't what we cheer for right. All I know is that it's been a very long time since I've watch a Niners game sitting on the edge of my couch and talking to the television on every play hoping we win the battle, and this season has brought that back to my living room

Build on the positive, and correct the negatives and success will find its way to your door.

I'm Sold on the Red & Gold

I think so too, I've heard it mentioned a few times now that the 81 niners were beaten in week 11 by Cleveland after a 7 game winning streak. Didn't hurt their chances too badly.

Harbaugh is a rookie head coach in the NFL, meaning he'd never coached an NFL game before. He is still learning how to coach in the NFL and often the best learning experiences are when you are brought back down to earth for a bit. He and this team will grow from this loss, probably alot more if they had won. Sure it makes it harder to get home field advantage throughout the playoffs, but I'd rather have this wake up call come now instead of then.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
We need to upgrade the WR position in the draft. Early.
Yes, WR and the middle of the OL in the 1st and 2nd. Then depth at DL, OLB, secondary, and more WRs. The draft and couple FAs should help.
I concur i'm really encouraged with the future of this franchise. Who hear can say after the preseason ended that we would be in this position that we are in in today? NOBODY and i'll be the first to admit that. The Ravens are a very good football team, and last night we got a good lesson on what it will take to become an elite team in this league. Congratulations goes out the the Ravens, and kudos for the Red & Gold as they never quit last night and with a game like this it can only makes us stronger come playoff time.

No time to make excuses for last night lost because i'm to excited about the future of these NINERS!!!!!!!!1
A little humble pie will be good for the 49ers. We will learn and grow from this experience.
Originally posted by AZ_9ers:
I concur i'm really encouraged with the future of this franchise. Who hear can say after the preseason ended that we would be in this position that we are in in today? NOBODY and i'll be the first to admit that. The Ravens are a very good football team, and last night we got a good lesson on what it will take to become an elite team in this league. Congratulations goes out the the Ravens, and kudos for the Red & Gold as they never quit last night and with a game like this it can only makes us stronger come playoff time.

No time to make excuses for last night lost because i'm to excited about the future of these NINERS!!!!!!!!1

Losses suck. Not a good feeling, but honestly, I can't wait for the playoffs: every team enters the postseason with a 0-0 record.
Share 49ersWebzone