LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 305 users in the forums

Make no mistake about it, Fangio was thoroughly out-coached

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by daWest:
Our line gave up 9 sacks you tool. Our d only allowed 3 more points than their NFL best average. So how exactly does one d.coordinator out coach another. Neither's squad is on the field at the same time the others is. I can see Roman being out-done or even harbaugh, but you are foolish to say "make no mistake about it, fangio.....". Blah blah blah. You are the one who is sorely mistaken in your light-years-off-base observation.

Its not reasonable to say, "We lost because of Fangio", but it is reasonable to be disappointed with a lot of his schemes. For example, the three man rush kills us 95% of the time we use it. We used it a couple times again today, and it hurt us pretty bad.
Another example, is that we don't see enough of Aldon in the game. He absolutely pancaked the RT today on one play, but he was only out there about 30% of the snaps. Fans have a right to be frustrated with this stuff.
It didn't cost the game, but its still frustrating to watch.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Nov 24, 2011 at 10:46 PM ]
Ravens dont lose at home very often, and we're a young team that has traveled to that eastern time zone plenty this year. Tough game on a short week, first time playing under the lights etc all might be seen as just excuses, but the ravens were focused and ready. They knew this was a huge game, Ray Rice said we were the best team they've played all season. This was a 6-6 game going into the 4th quarter. That b******t chop block call was a big play, as was Donte Whitner's missed third down tackle that led to the only touchdown of the game.

At a neutral site, we might get the better end of the deal, so I'm encouraged to be honest. Kendall Hunter needs to be used more, plain and simple. He has that speed and vision that made Bran Westbrook such a threat. Let's learn from this, make sure Ginn doesn't step on the field when we need a first down, and pray to god we can find a pass rush against Aaron Rodgers.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Ravens dont lose at home very often, and we're a young team that has traveled to that eastern time zone plenty this year. Tough game on a short week, first time playing under the lights etc all might be seen as just excuses, but the ravens were focused and ready. They knew this was a huge game, Ray Rice said we were the best team they've played all season. This was a 6-6 game going into the 4th quarter. That b******t chop block call was a big play, as was Donte Whitner's missed third down tackle that led to the only touchdown of the game.

At a neutral site, we might get the better end of the deal, so I'm encouraged to be honest. Kendall Hunter needs to be used more, plain and simple. He has that speed and vision that made Bran Westbrook such a threat. Let's learn from this, make sure Ginn doesn't step on the field when we need a first down, and pray to god we can find a pass rush against Aaron Rodgers.

If we ever play Green Bay, and take Aldon off the field, we deserve to lose.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

If we ever play Green Bay, and take Aldon off the field, we deserve to lose.

Ya, is he that bad at rush defense that he can ONLY be used on COMPLETELY obvious pass downs? Just seems underutilized.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by daWest:
Our line gave up 9 sacks you tool. Our d only allowed 3 more points than their NFL best average. So how exactly does one d.coordinator out coach another. Neither's squad is on the field at the same time the others is. I can see Roman being out-done or even harbaugh, but you are foolish to say "make no mistake about it, fangio.....". Blah blah blah. You are the one who is sorely mistaken in your light-years-off-base observation.

Its not reasonable to say, "We lost because of Fangio", but it is reasonable to be disappointed with a lot of his schemes. For example, the three man rush kills us 95% of the time we use it. We used it a couple times again today, and it hurt us pretty bad.
Another example, is that we don't see enough of Aldon in the game. He absolutely pancaked the RT today on one play, but he was only out there about 30% of the snaps. Fans have a right to be frustrated with this stuff.
It didn't cost the game, but its still frustrating to watch.

I can't fault Fangs at all. We've been able to get pressure and make qb's uncomfortable in the pocket all season long when rushing only 4 and dropping 7 into coverage. It's has been highly effective. What was frustrating to watch was our bewildered oline getting manhandled allowing the only NFL-ready qb on our roster to take a beating every time he dropped back to pass. Solari and Drevno and those meatheads take the blame for this one. The oline performance was appalling.
  • ak49
not sure who to blame more Roman + Harbaugh or A.Smith for not getting the ball out fast enough after seeing that the Ravens were pressuring on every play.
Did not read the other posts, but it is idiotic to blame the game on Fangio. The 9ers scored 6 pts and you blame the game on the DC.
We need to upgrade our passrush, also we need another guard, Chilo is a huge downgrade to Snyder.
K. Yawn. Congrats ravens on your ref assisted win. 2 monster penalties in your favor won the game... You can have this one, we'll see you again if you make it.
this game was played against the most physical team we have faced all year. afc north football in their stadium off a short week across two time zones. we needed this test to learn and grow from it. the film room viewing is gonna be brutal and we will learn especially the o line that u gotta dig in and put a hat on somebody like never before when facing these type of monsters. we will get better and respond or some people will be replaced. the dude that stood out to me that blocked fiercely was frank gore. he acted like he wanted it and i just hope the film session opens up some of our players eyes. I also know that on the braylon edwards jump ball int the film will reveal his lack of effort in fighting for the errant pass from alex smith. a 6ft 3in wr should win or at least bat down a jump ball. after all the ball is intended for u and not the db. we got ten days til stl and we will be ready

Originally posted by JeuSF49:
We need to upgrade our passrush, also we need another guard, Chilo is a huge downgrade to Snyder.

"Passrush 2.0" is on the sideline 70% of the snaps. And I don't understand how Kilgore is worse than Rachal.
Dumbest thread of the night. SMH.

Im too drunk to formulate my own thoughts so ill just say...THIS!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Dumbest thread of the night. SMH.

Yep. Ravens got in the endzone once and even that could've been avoided if Whitner doesn't miss the tackle on Lee Evans in the third qtr.
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
We definitely didn't get good pressure today compared to weeks past. Need to rotate DL more. Dobbs showed a lot in the preseason, let's see more from him (He did see snaps today). Keep one of Smith/McDonald out there at all times, but not constantly.

A few blitzes would have been nice, but I'm not the biggest fan of blitzing when you don't have to, I like timely blitzes. MORE ALDON SMITH PLEASE! He didn't see enough snaps today (or any game outside of maybe Detroit) and he was pretty effective when he was in.

Agreed, our pass rush ha slowed down some in regards to sacks. Our running game have also been slowed recently. we need to get back to how we played a month pago. Our WR's are what they are, we will only improve this position in the off season. I think Gore is a little beaten up as well or he s beginning to slow down. We may need to pick up a RB in the off season as well to start grooming him to take over.
Share 49ersWebzone