LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Is David Akers the best kicker we ever had?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is David Akers the best kicker we ever had?

yes, even with the miss he's the best we have had.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
whats joe nedney up to right now?
Where's Jose Cortez?!
[ Edited by darkknight49 on Nov 11, 2012 at 6:32 PM ]
Akers is starting to kick Like Jose Cortez

A guy like Akers can still do no wrong in my eyes after seeing Cortez and Cofer in my lifetime.
Come on that was a long kick in one of the toughest stadiums to kick in. Its not like he is missing chip shots and extra points.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Andy looked like an idiot last year.

Just take it for what it is. Akers is in a funk. He's not washed up, and he's not a god either. He's more than capable of overcoming this slump.

I am not saying cut him now! What I am saying is that they bring in guys every Tuesday from now until the end of the regular season simply to challenge for his job. If they find a better alternative, they should then cut him! 6 kicks is too many to miss in this league!
I want Joe Nedney back.
He was last year. This year, he looks as bad as he did when the Eagles released him.
Originally posted by kingairta:
Come on that was a long kick in one of the toughest stadiums to kick in. Its not like he is missing chip shots and extra points.

41 yards is NOT a long kick for a professional kicker.

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Last year he was great, but lets be honest, that may very well have been his last hurrah. The guy can't stay good forever, and every game it is looking more like it is time for him to hang it up.
Man... kickers are so inconsistent. All over the place. They can have a GREAT year, and then stink it up the next year. Hard to know what you have year to year.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Man... kickers are so inconsistent. All over the place. They can have a GREAT year, and then stink it up the next year. Hard to know what you have year to year.

Joe Nedney was very consistent for us until his last season.
  • irief
  • Veteran
Akers played a major role in our success last year. He set single season records! Aside from the record setting FG earlier this year, he play has been suspect. He's had some pretty bad misses (shanks to one side or the other) Seems to be a big drop off from last year to this year. Does anyone know if he' s battling injuries? Surprised that this hasn't been a bigger topic of discussion, since his play has dropped from team mvp caliber to WTF moments.
He kicked himself retarded last season
Share 49ersWebzone