LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I actually think those grades are pretty damn fair.
Very fair and reasonable takes.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

This
He says the December 8th game will decide the Division? Still a month to go. That's if neither team slips up between then.
They're not really "ESPN" grades so much as they are Bill Williamson's grades, who is our dedicated 49ers blog writer (all 32 teams have their own writer on the team ESPN blogs). If you keep up with the blog, you'll see he's generally a little biased / optimistic with his slants. Like, for example.... Kaepernik a B+? I think that's a bit generous.
Bill Williamson is the biggest homer
Originally posted by theduke85:
They're not really "ESPN" grades so much as they are Bill Williamson's grades, who is our dedicated 49ers blog writer (all 32 teams have their own writer on the team ESPN blogs). If you keep up with the blog, you'll see he's generally a little biased / optimistic with his slants. Like, for example.... Kaepernik a B+? I think that's a bit generous.

Generous? Kaepernick should get in A. He's been throwing over 60% completion and getting a massive amount of yards per attempt. On top of that he is been doing damage with his legs. He managed to score against the Jags four touchdowns on the four first drives. How can you not give him an A?
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

This

Agreed.
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:

Generous? Kaepernick should get in A. He's been throwing over 60% completion and getting a massive amount of yards per attempt. On top of that he is been doing damage with his legs. He managed to score against the Jags four touchdowns on the four first drives. How can you not give him an A?

Lol on the Jags. What has he done against good defenses?
Originally posted by 9erReign:

You mean like the #1 ranked Texas d?

I'd give the WR's a D+ as a group. Its basically one "A-" and a bunch of "F's".

Kap gets an A for Green Bay and F's for Seattle & Indy. The rest are somewhere in between, so B+ might be a little high but its hardly worth fighting over.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:

You mean vs HOU ARI STL?
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I would give the WR a D as well.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
As for QB, that is a little high. His passing yards are the lowest in the NFL. His running is a nice addition, but to be a top 10 QB in the league (which is what I would consider a B+ grade), you need to be carrying the team more via the passing offense.
Why do you need to carry the team if it doesn't need to be carried? A QB should be judged on if he's doing what needs to be done to win.
Share 49ersWebzone