There are 279 users in the forums

The Yes, Alex Smith is better than Steve Young Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
wow. worst thread ever
Lol. 8 pages and not one person agrees with u! Wake me up when Alex throws 6 TD's in a SB...
[ Edited by KennyBoiiii on Oct 15, 2011 at 6:24 AM ]
its amazing what a 4-1 record will bring out for threads , where was this thread 6-5-4-3-2 years ago? jesus hate to say it but if we go 6-1 or 7-1 we'll probably see the "Smith is better then Montana" thread.
I vote ban!
Why is there not an "ignore user" option on this forum?
Why is there not an "ignore user" option on this forum?
The more I think about this the more I think "well, I actually hope he is right." I still do not beliee it for a second, but I do hope.
Originally posted by TRUCKRATHMAN:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
TD-INT 232-107 Passing yards 33,124 QB Rating 96.8 Rushing Attempts 722 Rushing Yards 4,239 Rushing Touchdowns 43

23o.2 TD passes, 33,124 yards, 96.8 career QB rating (second highest ever), most passing titles, most seasons with QB rating over 100, lead the league in TD passes 4 times. Those are some of his passing stats, his running was also tops at QB.

I truly hope Alex can have a better career than Steve did. Wouldn't that be great. We'd have another dynasty.

To say hes better though....

Did u count tampa bays and his usfl numbers in that? Cough cough....kinda like smiths numbers prior to harbaugh?

Yes that is counting his 2 seasons in Tampa Bay but not USFL.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
TD-INT 232-107 Passing yards 33,124 QB Rating 96.8 Rushing Attempts 722 Rushing Yards 4,239 Rushing Touchdowns 43

23o.2 TD passes, 33,124 yards, 96.8 career QB rating (second highest ever), most passing titles, most seasons with QB rating over 100, lead the league in TD passes 4 times. Those are some of his passing stats, his running was also tops at QB.

I truly hope Alex can have a better career than Steve did. Wouldn't that be great. We'd have another dynasty.

To say hes better though....

Did u count tampa bays and his usfl numbers in that? Cough cough....kinda like smiths numbers prior to harbaugh?

USFL numbers? Why the hell would you count his USFL numbers?
  • jdean
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
wow. worst thread ever
And the #2 worst thread is " John Taylor was overrated".

Whoah.....wait a sec....don't call me a troll...I have better things to do with my life...mmmmm like raising a family...know how that's like? No worries...I'm not the least bit bitter or angry....I'm as pumped up as all u guys...marinating my steaks and getting the Q and snacks ready for the showdown with Megatron! Can't wait!!!

Still tho... keep the thread going...not sure how this will gain any credibilty here but besides alex, the last 2 guys I was this pumped up about were jake plummer and john keith....
Now I know hes trolling
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Alex hasnt even got us to a play off game. Steve Young has climb the very top of the NFL mountain and then he was enshrined.

[i][i]

Can you see why your comments have upset a few f
ans[/i]?

If Alex can lead the team deep into the play offs consistently, then he can be mentioned in some circles with some of what Young has done. If Alex can lead the 49ers to a SB victory, then he becomes a little more of a talking topic and Alex can be mentioned in a few more circles that also involve the name Young and even Montana when both won their first SB and the season run to the big show.

Right now, Alex cant even be mentioned in the same circles as Garcia, thats how far off Alex is, im sure you can see how way off your OP was, even if you had the best intentions.

I really should have started this post with: Alex isnt even signed after this season and I dont think he'll find a better situation better then the one here in San Fran.

If any fan is honestly upset, they should turn their computer off and stay away from the Internet. Do you seriously think that Steve Young would be upset? Of course not, he is a level headed and sensible guy. He knows his place in the hearts of 49ers fans is secure. And if he isnt upset, why should anyone else be?

And you are quite wrong. Smith can be mentioned in the same circle as Garcia. I did in my previous post. He can be mentioned in the same sentence as Joe Montana. Both starting quarterbacks of the 49ers. It is rather precious to claim anything else.

But here is a thought for all those who think this is blasphemy. For the first time in a long time we have a quarterback to brag on, to be proud of. So lighten up a little.
Originally posted by Montana19:
its amazing what a 4-1 record will bring out for threads , where was this thread 6-5-4-3-2 years ago? jesus hate to say it but if we go 6-1 or 7-1 we'll probably see the "Smith is better then Montana" thread.

I wonder if we'll see a Goldson is better than Lott thread.
Look, all you guys know I don't post much if at all around here much. What I do is visit here every frickin day getting my latest 9ers news! When I have the chance, I love to hit up the forums and give my opinion on things 9er related but because there's usually more than one fellow fan that actually says what I feel, I just read on and laugh! Id LOVE to join in but I just don't have the time to do it all the time! Plus, I feel the LOVE and PASSION u guys have everyday for our team and I really don't feel like getting into any poo-slinging wars. I just want to talk ball in this thread.

With that said, I remember everything 9er football after 1980....I thought we should've kept montana longer. Now, I've always loved steve but he sure was frazzled easy....with that said, it took me awhile to warm up to him...

I've been thinking about how I should present this thread properly with the 9er standard of elegance and excellence with the stats to back it up! I don't have time right now but I sure will look into it! I hope more of u do as well

With all that said....I believe alex will accomplish much more than steve young within the next few years. Why? This is the debate...young was held back by seifert but because of the lockerroom, the offense was able to coach themselves...had the owners made holmgren or shanahan head coach earlier, we would've won at least 2 more superbowls...imo of course

After watching montana, young and smith so many times, I actually like smith the most...I know it sounds crazy but I just do...he's got the steve young smarts, the montana cool and smarter than both...better arm than both especially youngs. I love steve but his passing was horrid after the zone blitz was invented in the mid-late 90s(remember the panthers?)...thanks fanzio!

Anyways! Just puttting my entire football reputation on the line here by boldly stating alex smith will accomplish more in the nfl than steve young

I think this is a great thread to keep open throughout the 2011 season...

Let's keep it real even if the title doesn't sound like it is!....I honestly feel we have a great converstion piece here

This is a truck post. /thread.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Really? Lol... Let it go buddy...

He's so proud of himself that he found someone's inadvertent error that he has to mention it in every post...naming other posters as having made the mistake too, doesn't matter to him if he makes an error. Demonstrates that he is not into intelligent discussion but hostile gottcha's.

As for the thread, this is an interesting idea. I consider Montana my ultimate QB and place Young among the slightly lesser QBs--Marino, Elway, etc. It's always good though to examine your reasons and this thread does that.

All the people who are hysterical about the theme...why are reacting so vehemently? Didn't read? Immature response. Someone suggested Smith is capable of becoming better than Montana and Young, which would be fantastic if true, but some of you hate Smith so much that you can't stand the thought he would lead this team to multiple SB victories. Is it likely that Smith is better than Montana and Young? No, not really...but would it be great to have the 9ers winning SBs again? You bet.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 15, 2011 at 8:06 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone