LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

The Yes, Alex Smith is better than Steve Young Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Garcia:
He was frazzled when he slipped in the mudd mid play and threw the game winning TD Strike to T.O. in the playoffs vs. Green Bay.

Totally Frazzled.

Lineman stepped on his foot and tripped em but still one hell of a recovery and pass to owens!
Lol when i was watching that game i was like wtf seemed like owens dropped 10 passes! He didnt tho rhat was a huge game!
Dude i like smith as a qb! Backed em from day 1 and still do. But i have to say it is a lil to early to crown him wit that HOf jacket just yet. Im one that believes that young was better then just bout every qb rated above him. And well ya aint winning the arguement of anyone being better then montana on this forum!
Alex is showing much promise and improvement! I smooth confidence and cool under pressure! Accuracy is looking good as well. Arm strength aint a problem but no one compares to young or montana! Lets let alex carve his own name in stone! Lets not put that monkey on his back as what was wit young!
Alex in detroit make us proud lions here we come!
Goniners
WOW!
Dude i like smith as a qb! Backed em from day 1 and still do. But i have to say it is a lil to early to crown him wit that HOf jacket just yet. Im one that believes that young was better then just bout every qb rated above him. And well ya aint winning the arguement of anyone being better then montana on this forum!
Alex is showing much promise and improvement! I smooth confidence and cool under pressure! Accuracy is looking good as well. Arm strength aint a problem but no one compares to young or montana! Lets let alex carve his own name in stone! Lets not put that monkey on his back as what was wit young!
Alex in detroit make us proud lions here we come!
Goniners
  • Jiks
Originally posted by 8to80:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
If Alex had Bill Walsh and Jerry Rice, he have 6-15 Super Bowls.
This is coming from someone who said "We never went 0-4 with Alex Smith".

Yup! This has officially become "The Yes, I am a dumbass" thread.

Really? Lol... Let it go buddy...
Originally posted by TRUCKRATHMAN:
Originally posted by TRUCKRATHMAN:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
You like Smith more than Montana and Young, you are too lazy to back this POS thread post with any facts or evidence supporting your argument, and you consider having a "football reputation"?? Are you s**ttin me?? You should be banned and never allowed to post another comment about a 49er EVERY AGAIN!

I would NEVER like ANYONE more than montana brother...he will always be my #1 hero....in any sport or capacity
Originally posted by 8to80:
MODs, please delete this thread. OP is an obvious troll. f**k you, Lions fan! We coming to take a fat s**t in your house!

EDIT: Wait a second. I don't think he's a Lions fan, cuz it says he joined on August 2010. WTF is going on?!?!

Whoah.....wait a sec....don't call me a troll...I have better things to do with my life...mmmmm like raising a family...know how that's like? No worries...I'm not the least bit bitter or angry....I'm as pumped up as all u guys...marinating my steaks and getting the Q and snacks ready for the showdown with Megatron! Can't wait!!!

Still tho... keep the thread going...not sure how this will gain any credibilty here but besides alex, the last 2 guys I was this pumped up about were jake plummer and john keith....

The only credibility that you gain off of this newb, is that you do not know your football, and like to make crazy thread topics to throw us off of our focus, the Lions.

I suggest maybe starting a thread that says ASmith is better than Tim Rattay and Steve Spurrier...because in all honesty, Smith has yet to step out of Jeff Gacia and John Brodie's shadow.

Stop being an attention whore!

That is all
Saying that he can be better than young is blasphemy enough but saying he is better than Montana???? you really dont know shiet about niner football
Originally posted by MILFS:
are you f**king serious?

Originally posted by 9ermex:
Saying that he can be better than young is blasphemy enough but saying he is better than Montana???? you really dont know shiet about niner football

I missed the Montana part but if sum1 could even have a thinkn process like that, sum1 needs to be put in a mental hospital! asap!!
What happened to the attack the post not the poster rule?

And currently Smith is fighting to take Garcia's place on my personal list of 49ers qb's. Brodie, Young and Montana lie ahead of him. Rattay and all those other herberts are behind. I am very optimistic about his future, but one step at a time.

Alex hasnt even got us to a play off game. Steve Young has climb the very top of the NFL mountain and then he was enshrined.

Can you see why your comments have upset a few fans?

If Alex can lead the team deep into the play offs consistently, then he can be mentioned in some circles with some of what Young has done. If Alex can lead the 49ers to a SB victory, then he becomes a little more of a talking topic and Alex can be mentioned in a few more circles that also involve the name Young and even Montana when both won their first SB and the season run to the big show.

Right now, Alex cant even be mentioned in the same circles as Garcia, thats how far off Alex is, im sure you can see how way off your OP was, even if you had the best intentions.

I really should have started this post with: Alex isnt even signed after this season and I dont think he'll find a better situation better then the one here in San Fran.
Originally posted by English:
What happened to the attack the post not the poster rule?

You mean like attack the ball not the player?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Get out of here you Seahawks fan. You need to go worry about your consistently mediocre failure of a team.
Or are you a Cards fan, how is that Kolb situation working out hmmm? Wow, what a great pickup...
Or maybe a Rams fan... I sure hope your coach is fired and OC Josh McDaniels is promoted, lmao! Your team is a living joke.

Share 49ersWebzone