There are 744 users in the forums
Chase Beeler released from PS -- Who do you want the 9ers to fill the opening with
- 1 2
Shop Find 49ers gear online
Oct 19, 2011 at 10:26 AM
- WildBill
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,217
Well I guess winning cures a lot of things, plus having a prior relationship with the HC and being familiar with the O doesn't hurt either. Who was the other team?
Oct 19, 2011 at 10:28 AM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
Originally posted by WildBill:
Well I guess winning cures a lot of things, plus having a prior relationship with the HC and being familiar with the O doesn't hurt either. Who was the other team?
didnt say
Oct 19, 2011 at 11:49 AM
- smashmouth51
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,254
Beeler is our center of the future. He was an All-American at Stanford and needs an off season or two to build strength and add some muscle to his frame. We don't need to waste a high 2nd or 3rd round draft pick to get a good center next year. JH has probably set the guy down and told him what he wants him to do and how he plans to use him in the future. He might have already told him that the niners will toss in some extra money in his contract next year if/when he makes the 53 man roster to make up for this year.
Oct 19, 2011 at 12:02 PM
- YungAce
- Veteran
- Posts: 46,920
interesting. harbaugh is a damn good coach. i've never heard of a practice squad player declining to sign with a team.
[ Edited by YungAce on Oct 19, 2011 at 9:22 PM ]
Oct 19, 2011 at 12:06 PM
- HessianDud
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,995
really interesting that he thinks his long-terms prospects are better here. He must love Harbs, because with Goodwin and Kilgore it seems like Beeler has an uphill battle here.
Oct 19, 2011 at 12:58 PM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
Originally posted by HessianDud:
really interesting that he thinks his long-terms prospects are better here. He must love Harbs, because with Goodwin and Kilgore it seems like Beeler has an uphill battle here.
I thought Kilgore was a guard?. Goodwin is on a 3 year deal. Beeler will be ready to compete for the job in 2 years
Oct 19, 2011 at 1:04 PM
- HessianDud
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,995
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
really interesting that he thinks his long-terms prospects are better here. He must love Harbs, because with Goodwin and Kilgore it seems like Beeler has an uphill battle here.
I thought Kilgore was a guard?. Goodwin is on a 3 year deal. Beeler will be ready to compete for the job in 2 years
And Goodwin is older too so I guess that does make sense. i thought I read somewhere that Kilgore was being looked at as a center, but you are probably right that they are wanting him to be the RG.
Oct 19, 2011 at 1:08 PM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
really interesting that he thinks his long-terms prospects are better here. He must love Harbs, because with Goodwin and Kilgore it seems like Beeler has an uphill battle here.
I thought Kilgore was a guard?. Goodwin is on a 3 year deal. Beeler will be ready to compete for the job in 2 years
And Goodwin is older too so I guess that does make sense. i thought I read somewhere that Kilgore was being looked at as a center, but you are probably right that they are wanting him to be the RG.
Staley-Iupati-Beeler-Kilgore-Davis
Oct 19, 2011 at 1:08 PM
- HessianDud
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,995
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
really interesting that he thinks his long-terms prospects are better here. He must love Harbs, because with Goodwin and Kilgore it seems like Beeler has an uphill battle here.
I thought Kilgore was a guard?. Goodwin is on a 3 year deal. Beeler will be ready to compete for the job in 2 years
And Goodwin is older too so I guess that does make sense. i thought I read somewhere that Kilgore was being looked at as a center, but you are probably right that they are wanting him to be the RG.
Staley-Iupati-Beeler-Kilgore-Davis
championship
- 1 2