LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 171 users in the forums

out of all our one year contracts who are you most afraid of losing?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
we need to extend rogers before the season ends

Cant. Players arent allowed to sign more than one contract in the same league year.

Anyways I think Id say Rodgers and Gholdston. Because theyre so good that we dont even have to spell their names right.

For real though, it would have to be Alex Smith or Carlos Rogers.
Smith's not going anywhere. I have no worries about losing him.

It's definetily Rogers.
Mr. Rogers
all of them really, they are all playing out of their minds right now. I hope they are all back
Smith isn't leaving Harbaugh. He has enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life already. Alex wants to get better and knows that Harbaugh is his best bet to stay in the NFL. We need to sign Rodgers because he fits in so well with the D and good CBs are hard to come by. Goldson also because he is 6' 2" 200lbs, brings the wood and all of the new, good receivers being drafted are TALL. If Spencer(6'1") is healthy, he and Goldson(6'2") will probably double team Johnson next week with Rodgers(6'0") and Culliver(6'1) doubling on the other side. All of our other DBs are 5'10" or less. In 3 years, no team will want to draft 5'10" DBs unless they run less than 4.3 40's or have cover skills that are out of sight.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
we need to extend rogers before the season ends

Cant. Players arent allowed to sign more than one contract in the same league year.

Anyways I think Id say Rodgers and Gholdston. Because theyre so good that we dont even have to spell their names right.

For real though, it would have to be Alex Smith or Carlos Rogers.

Goldson has been playing well
[ Edited by HessianDud on Oct 9, 2011 at 8:51 PM ]
Originally posted by saj4423:
Rogers is the one we need to do extend first. I am still out on Smith but if he finishes the year well then maybe a new 2 or 3 year deal if he will sign one that short.

If Smith continues to play this way, 2-year extension would be an insult.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Goldson has been playing well

Yes, he really has. I didnt really care to have him back but Ive been impressed.
carlos rogers
alex smith
braylon edwards
1. Rogers (Secondary is a boss now with the #9 Overall 2005 Pick)
2. Edwards (Alex needs the #3 Overal 2005 Pick)
3. Goldson (He lays the lumber. I love it)
4. Smith will not leave. Harby made him look like a #1 Overall 2005 Pick. (so im not worried with him signing anywhere else)

Originally posted by TlSSER:
1. Rogers (Secondary is a boss now with the #9 Overall 2005 Pick)
2. Edwards (Alex needs the #3 Overal 2005 Pick)
3. Goldson (He lays the lumber. I love it)
4. Smith will not leave. Harby made him look like a #1 Overall 2005 Pick. (so im not worried with him signing anywhere else)

The question is not about who is likely to leave but who are you afraid of losing. Just think about if we didn't have Smith, Goldson, etc. next week. Right now I would say here's the players rankng in terms of worth to the team:

Smith
Rogers
Edwards
Goldson
[ Edited by taney71 on Oct 10, 2011 at 4:59 AM ]
Want them all back. Particularly Alex Smith. And Edwards. And Rogers. And Ginn.

Get it done, Baalke!
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by forty9ers49:
Smith, but I dont think he'll leave, so Rogers.

^^

^^^
Rogers...

BTW guys... you spell his name Rogers... not Rodgers.
  • Veteran
I didn't buy into Baalke's FA this year. Boy, was I wrong. Bring them all back.
Share 49ersWebzone