LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

We are who they thought we were, and they let us off the hook...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
First off, I'm not being a hater. I was worried they were gonna give up on the game and just use it as an opportunity to get Kaepernick some reps. But major kudos to the whole team for keeping a level-head, not being discouraged, and they continued to chug along. The coaching staff ADJUSTED. I never saw that in a Singletary/Nolan-coached team. So happy that we have a chance in games.

But I'm going to say... the Eagles gave us every opportunity to get back into the game. Of course, I'll gladly take it, but maaaaan... we caught some breaks, like the missed field goals, and the possibly soft 3rd quarter defense.

Now, in regard to that great third quarter. Was that the offense making adjustments, or the Eagles defense taking us too lightly?
Yeah but we also missed two field goals, and let them get a quick td on a stupid fumble by Smith, it goes both ways the W is ours!
This
Originally posted by adacosta24:
Yeah but we also missed two field goals, and let them get a quick td on a stupid fumble by Smith, it goes both ways the W is ours!

Yeeeeaaaaah Boy,5 years and a 20 point comeback to finally beat them bum a** eggles!
Man I m so excited,i cant sit still!Lets Go Ninernation time to back our 49ers like we should!
No more cowboys fans overtaking the stadium!
Really?
  • jdc49
  • Veteran
are you serious??umm no, enjoy the win.
Originally posted by jdc49:
are you serious??umm no, enjoy the win.

I'm just recognizing that the Eagles made big mistakes that we capitalized on. Just being real, and not thinking our team is "the greatest eva!!!!" after we beat a team that's starting to look like a choke artist.

Of course I'm happy... I'm a big Alex Smith supporter, and I'm glad he led the team on a comeback.
Enjoy the win. Haters are going to downplay this win saying that or saying they won against a hurt Vick
I'm glad the Niners won again this week. I've only beaten my wife once so far this season
[ Edited by GIMMEa6thSHIP on Oct 2, 2011 at 2:41 PM ]
While I don't think we can ever expect to see a RB throw a desperation lateral on the goal line again, I quite frankly don't give a sh!t.

We won. We've lost so many close games like this one because of silly things (ehh, falcs last year comes to mind) I couldn't care less.

GO NINERS!!!

From top to bottom our "big name" leaders made big plays in the 2nd half.

But my take is that the Niners showed heart and played as a team. Each leader: Alex, Gore, Justin Smith, Davis, Morgan, Crabtree, Rodgers all made plays in this game.

The Eagles defense has had 3 defense collapses in the last three weeks. You could say they did it to us, but they also did it to Matty Ice, and Eli Manning. To me the Eagles defense has not learned how to play together and don't trust each other. You can easily blame the lock out on this. Talent but not on the same page.

Bottom line: The Niners gelled in Ohio. They trust each other and play with heart.----The Eagles are Pro Bowlers who don't trust each other. Don't play as a team unit or with heart and trust to win.
I disagree. We had some bad breaks in the first half. The first akers missed field goal, the guy jumped on the back on the lineman. WE SHOULD HAVE HAD A PENALTY IN FIRST DOWN. Alex gets sacked and loses the ball, when Davis totally missed his assignment. The maclin reception that wasn't a reception even we challenged and they still called it against us. Yes they missed some Field goals but we stepped up as a team.

GREAT WIN FOR THE 49ERS!!!!! Great idea to keep the team in Youngstown.
I disagree. We had some bad breaks in the first half. The first akers missed field goal, the guy jumped on the back on the lineman. WE SHOULD HAVE HAD A PENALTY IN FIRST DOWN. Alex gets sacked and loses the ball, when Davis totally missed his assignment. The maclin reception that wasn't a reception even we challenged and they still called it against us. Yes they missed some Field goals but we stepped up as a team.

GREAT WIN FOR THE 49ERS!!!!! Great idea to keep the team in Youngstown.
yeah they got 0 breaks the whole game. we didnt miss any fg's, drop any passes. and we don't have a s**tty o-line. quit crying already and enjoy it
Lol no this game was ours this is a huge win! Goniners n go team on a great victory! Bring on the bucks!
f**k yeah good win
Share 49ersWebzone