LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 228 users in the forums

Justin Smith, one of the all-time best 49er defensive linemen appreciation thread.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
It cannot end like this. I refuse to believe it will end like this. We had some really dark years, but my goodness, this may be one of the worse, all things considered if Justin Smith retires.

I am with you on this. Until Justin announces it, he is playing next year.

Ditto
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
It cannot end like this. I refuse to believe it will end like this. We had some really dark years, but my goodness, this may be one of the worse, all things considered if Justin Smith retires.

I am with you on this. Until Justin announces it, he is playing next year.

Ditto

Please God I hope the reports that he's retiring end up being false or at least after we hire a new HC & make some moves to improve the team he'll believe we're gonna be SB contenders and decide to give it another year.
Justin Smith is the epitome of what a football player should be. He's dominate in every facet of his game and a true sportsman. One of my all-time favorite players.

I hope he plays out his contract and returns next year!
Don't retire, Cowboy!
  • marls
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blm7754:
Justin Smith is the epitome of what a football player should be. He's dominate in every facet of his game and a true sportsman. One of my all-time favorite players.

This!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blm7754:

His body is hurting, rough season. I think after some time to rest, he will see what the Front Office does in terms of moves and then decide from there. If Fangio and the defensive staff stays then I can see Justin coming back for 1 more year.
I think Justin may be done...he played well this year, but he wasn't the disruptive stud of the past. If this is it, I salute him for an outstanding career...and I'm so happy he may finish it as a Niner. I hope he comes back, but my gut's telling me he's had enough. You've been a true warrior, Justin...God Bless You.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think Justin may be done...he played well this year, but he wasn't the disruptive stud of the past. If this is it, I salute him for an outstanding career...and I'm so happy he may finish it as a Niner. I hope he comes back, but my gut's telling me he's had enough. You've been a true warrior, Justin...God Bless You.

This
He can always wait to see what happens with the front office and other players and make a decision later
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Sucks to see him go. Sorry you wasted your time here cowboy

Got to play in a Super Bowl. Ask takeo spikes if that was wasted time.
[ Edited by captveg on Dec 28, 2014 at 5:35 PM ]

• lazy
  • Veteran
I hope Cowboy comeback.
Fangio better get hammered with the Cowboy this offseason. Need him back. One last ride.
Would love to see him return, but highly doubt it will happen. He knows this team is in rebuild mode and in a very challenging NFC West the chance for the team to succeed with new staff and hefty turnover is low.
Alex Flanagan of NFL network is reporting Justin Smith is going to retire.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Alex Flanagan of NFL network is reporting Justin Smith is going to retire.

Can't say I don't blame the guy.
First great we didn't get a ring from this team.

Man that hurts
Share 49ersWebzone