LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:
WTF does Cam Newton have to do with Alex Smith and the 49ers?

I want Alex to do very well also, but this bullsxxt about him doing well with limited time to lean a new offense, and we should be happy with the total yards that were produced, and the did great, and blah, blah blah.... I just wish we would have cut ties with him already, that's all.
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
How did Cam Newton do in his first game with the same off season??

He lost

He didn't lose, his team lost, just like Alex's team won. Unfortunately for Cam, he doesn't have Ted Ginn to close the game on special teams.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
124 passing yards.

Cam Newton 400 passing Yards!

Cam Newton is a star.
Can newton is 0-1. Cam newton threw an interception that lost them the game. Can newton couldn't win the game when it counted.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Sep 11, 2011 at 7:06 PM ]
We have incredibly low standards for a good game from a QB.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'd take that and no turnovers every single week. We could win 9 games with that. These guys are being rediculous. You want no turnovers and a chance to win. That's good. Not bad.

For AS the turnovers were killer. Costly. Looks like Harbaugh has him doing first things first...prioritys....eliminate the turnovers. I think Harbaugh is rebuilding him. AS should have had at least one costly this game, and he didn't, that is new...and big.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
124 passing yards.

this. he was highly accurate on dink and dunk passes for very short yardage and he hit a couple of long ones. He had nice runs and his td run was gutsy and inspiring. he checked down way more than he should have and he was mostly afraid to throw to his receivers beyond 10 yards. he did not throw out of bounds like he normally does and most of his passes were accurate. he wasn't the reason we won though. I suspect the ESPN QBR would tell a different story. I'm just glad he didn't f**k it up with a game killing INT or something like that. He had a Trent Dilfer/Ravens like game, which hopefull is all we need from him.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
We have incredibly low standards for a good game from a QB.

Sorry im still a little Pissed we Picked Alex Smith instead of Aaron Rodgers
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
124 passing yards.

Cam Newton is a star.
Can newton is 0-1. Cask newton the an interception that list them the game. Can newton couldn't win the game when it counted.

You know it's his first game ever as a pro, right? It's amazing how high our standards become when talking about a QB other than Alex.
I'll take it. Especially the ZERO turnovers.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
124 passing yards.

Cam Newton is a star.
Can newton is 0-1. Cask newton the an interception that list them the game. Can newton couldn't win the game when it counted.

seriously? This is his FIRST game in the NFL, where he threw for more TD's than Alex did his whole first year, and you are saying he couldn't win the game when it counted? You understand that was a NFL history record breaking game for an NFL rookie, right? Even Manning, Marino, Montana, etc didn't do what he did today. Give it a rest, bro.

• Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aman49:
124 passing yards.

I was waiting for you

s**t I could have had that kind of rating if all I did was check down passes.

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
124 passing yards.

Cam Newton is a star.

You know it's his first game ever as a pro, right? It's amazing how high our standards become when talking about a QB other than Alex.

this series of posts right here should be framed and laughed at at least 5x a day when anyone tries to talk up Alex.
smith played well, no smistakes and when he was aloud to throw the ball he hit his targets and had good ball placement. he was active on his legs when things broke down and he woulda had a few more yards and a TD if VD wasnt interfered with on that long pass. good first game considering how little time theyve had to learn this offense. bring on dallas. haters can go cry in the corner, today we're winners and thats all that matters
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Ether:
124 passing yards.

I was waiting for you

and counting.

Strait pimping yo !!!
124 passing yards.

I was waiting for you

come on, yo. check downs? he had perfect passes to Morgan and Davis. BIG PLAYS! he went through his progressions when afforded the time and either ran (damn good job) and checked down when needed. what would you rather do, throw into tight coverage or force throws and possibly turnover?

I'm neither a fan or hater. I try and stay as even keel as possible. I wish a lot of you guys could do the same an just be glad smith didn't Lise the game. he didn't win it on his own, but he WAS part of that collective effort.

playcalling has to get better though.
Share 49ersWebzone