LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. TAMPA BAY BUCANEERS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My biggest questions will we start the way we played in the 2nd half of the Phili game? Will Alex revert back to games 1-3? Will Harbaugh? We need the quick 2-3 step drops and quick passes, we need Alex to let it fly.

Also where is Kyle Williams lol after his great TD catch I thought hed get some PT
I'm a little worried about the Bucs because they are definitely more physical than the Eagles are. The Eagles M.O. has always been burning you with the big play using small, speedy people. We saw how putting the wood on them (no homo) made them hesitant.

I predict this game to be much more physical and fought in the trenches a bit more. They have a lot more heart than the Eagles. I see them very similar to us - a young, hungry team with a decent amount of talent. I think we have more talent though.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
both teams coming in 3-1 should be good

They still have to beat Indy (which shouldn't be that hard at home), but 'Any Given Sunday' err 'Monday'
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
both teams coming in 3-1 should be good

They still have to beat Indy (which shouldn't be that hard at home), but 'Any Given Sunday' err 'Monday'

Like I said both teams 3-1
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
My biggest questions will we start the way we played in the 2nd half of the Phili game? Will Alex revert back to games 1-3? Will Harbaugh? We need the quick 2-3 step drops and quick passes, we need Alex to let it fly.

Also where is Kyle Williams lol after his great TD catch I thought hed get some PT

Yep, we have seen a lot in the past how alex and the team itself has a great win and then goes back to their old self. It's about being consistent and building on these wins not going backwards and regressing. Wonder which team shows up?

As for Kyle he had 1 catch for 4 yards... heck Ginn didn't even have a catch and we still had 291 passing. Hunter took some of those guys catches away but he did great things with the ball
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This isn't the same Gruden Bucs, but our running game has always had big games against the Bucs at home, well except for last year of course. Last year I think our defense was just overwhelmed by Mike Williams, Freeman and Blount they just didn't know how to stop them. Well this is gonna be whole new story for the Bucs now, we have better LB's off the edge now and a whole new 1-2 punch in Gore and Hunter. And shoot if Alex Smith can spread the ball around with Asomugha, Samuel and DRC in coverage, he should have a ton more confidence now against Tampa.
bucs/niners is the only 1:00 PT game on Fox in week 5 but up here in the Seattle market, when the Hawks play an NFC team in the a.m., there is no afternoon game due to Seahawks Postgame Show. Living in a state different from where your team resides blows! it really f'n blows.
is it sunday yet?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This isn't the same Gruden Bucs, but our running game has always had big games against the Bucs at home, well except for last year of course. Last year I think our defense was just overwhelmed by Mike Williams, Freeman and Blount they just didn't know how to stop them. Well this is gonna be whole new story for the Bucs now, we have better LB's off the edge now and a whole new 1-2 punch in Gore and Hunter. And shoot if Alex Smith can spread the ball around with Asomugha, Samuel and DRC in coverage, he should have a ton more confidence now against Tampa.

I think we have a much better team this year. Mike Williams hasn't been lighting it up like last year and I don't think the Bucs are playing as well as they where when they played us last year. Our first home shutout since 77 would be good bulletin board material... especially for the guys who were a part of that loss.
Not going to predict anything but I DEFINITELY think we WONT lose 21-0.

Finally got the correct Smith back there.

last time we won 3 in a row was weeks 8,9, and 10 in 2006.
Originally posted by daWest:
bucs/niners is the only 1:00 PT game on Fox in week 5 but up here in the Seattle market, when the Hawks play an NFC team in the a.m., there is no afternoon game due to Seahawks Postgame Show. Living in a state different from where your team resides blows! it really f'n blows.

Same here... in WI. Basically I think CBS/Fox each get 8 double headers a year and this week it's cbs's turn. So even though 9ers are the only nfc fox game in the afternoon and that Lions, Packers and Bears not being on at 3 we probably get to see infomercials. Don't worry I get to see Minnesota and Cards at noon.
Thank god for streams or I would have to wait until the next day to watch on Game Rewind. Living in central wisc I have seen a lot of packers, bears and vikings games for the decade plus before I got sunday ticket. I watched the lions get killed a lot and now that they are finally good (I always kind of cheered for them to beat the other nfc central/north teams) I don't get to see them. They put a lot of Bears games on when the packers aren't on. I hate watching them mainly because they disappoint especially when you want them to beat the packers. They could have held the packers out of the playoffs last year by beating them on the road and lost 10-9. I usually get the good games on cbs though... lots of colts games, steelers, patriots (all the main teams) but I really don't care much bout the AFC. I expect to get to watch 1, maybe 2 49ers games on tv... but streams so far are doing well...
Originally posted by daWest:

Try being a niner fan living in Alaska, what a nightmare getting games.
NEVER FORGET

[ Edited by zillabeast on Oct 3, 2011 at 2:00 AM ]
Just mentioning this because I put it up on the 9ers.com boards and wanting to get the word out for fans who can't watch games but NFL Game Rewind is down to 30.00 for the entire season..

You can watch every game in hd even hook it up to your hd tv if you have an hdmi laptop. All games except you can't watch when another game is going on and MNF you have to wait 24 hours... the sunday games come on around 11-12 sunday night.... Everyone should be able to afford 30.00, you can watch all the games and all the teams and also all the games from 2010 and 2009 including pro bowls and super bowls. Good option just stay away from the scoreboard and other people who would tell you. Otherwise, it's great for rewatching the game or breaking down film or if your stream goes out and you missed a few plays.

P.S. I don't own NFL.com lol, I know someone a while back thought a poster was plugging "his site" when they where trying to be nice and get the word out on NFL game rewind. Honestly, I didn't even know about it until this year. They don't really advertise it because they would rather you pay 350 then 30-50.00 a season.

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages

oh and you can change the quality from 800kbps which is like a little worse than standard def to 1200 kbps which is pretty good and like standard def all the way up to 3 mbps which is full hd. the 2.4 mpbs speed isn't much worse quality than the highest.... you might want to turn it down if you have a slower connection or a cap limit per month like I do
Share 49ersWebzone