There are 309 users in the forums

***SF 49ERS VS. HOU TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Week 3)***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This will actually be on TV for me (I live in Houston), so I am happy.
mattbarrows Matt Barrows
Looking as if C Rogers (Achilles strain) will start SAT's game opposite T Brown at CB. T Brock also could start based on Texans alignment.
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows
Looking as if C Rogers (Achilles strain) will start SAT's game opposite T Brown at CB. T Brock also could start based on Texans alignment.

Nice! Let's see what Rogers can do against Johnson. ...
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

Rogers & Whitner
NFLN Replay Sat. 11pm EST.

if i miss it and the stats look good, I'm gonna order the preseason pass thingy to watch.
49ers San Francisco 49ers
Harbaugh said Alex Smith will start on Saturday, but Kaepernick will also get in "fairly early" to get some reps with the ones.

Harbaugh: Some of the other backups could get into the game earlier as well in order to get reps against the Texans starters.
Harbaugh said Zeigler will also play Saturday. "He's impressed me by what he can do so quickly."

Eric_Branch Eric Branch
Harbaugh anticipates Josh McCown will see action Saturday. #49ers
http://twitter.com/#!/Eric_Branch/status/106792291548667904
Eric_Branch Eric Branch
Jim Harbaugh says Alex Smith will start, but Colin Kaepernick will also work with first team Saturday. #49ers
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Harbaugh said Alex Smith will start on Saturday, but Kaepernick will also get in "fairly early" to get some reps with the ones.

Harbaugh: Some of the other backups could get into the game earlier as well in order to get reps against the Texans starters.

It means JH is not blown away with Alex's performance so far.
Originally posted by susweel:

mattbarrows Matt Barrows
Harbaugh wants to give a lot of non-starters, like Kaep, playing time against the Texans' first group. Said evaluation imp in this game.
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Wow, I'm loving Harbaugh's approach, at this point I think (as many are assuming in the beat-world) Harbaugh already has a good idea of who's gonna start (who the locks are), but wants to see what some of his talented 'fringe' players/future-starters can do against the starters on Houston's monster defense (guys like Miller, Kilgore, Oman, and Hogan).

With Rachal working through minor strains atm, I hope to f**k Kilgore gets a shot with the starting line at RG.

mattbarrows Matt Barrows
Harbaugh wants to give a lot of non-starters, like Kaep, playing time against the Texans' first group. Said evaluation imp in this game.

*Laughing* at sus stating something that isn't there. At this point, I'm going to go ahead and either assume that such comments are either sarcastic indifference, or an attempt to incite. C'mon, mannnn.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 25, 2011 at 11:31 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Wow, I'm loving Harbaugh's approach, at this point I think (as many are assuming in the beat-world) Harbaugh already has a good idea of who's gonna start (who the locks are), but wants to see what some of his talented 'fringe' players/future-starters can do against the starters on Houston's monster defense (guys like Miller, Kilgore, Oman, and Hogan).

With Rachal working through minor strains atm, I hope to f**k Kilgore gets a shot with the starting line at RG.

Yah looks like we finally have a coach who is using pre season the right way. I hope it translates to wins later in the year.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

mattbarrows Matt Barrows

*Laughing* at sus stating something that isn't there. At this point, I'm going to go ahead and either assume that such comments are either sarcastic indifference, or an attempt to incite.

this
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

mattbarrows Matt Barrows

*Laughing* at sus stating something that isn't there. At this point, I'm going to go ahead and either assume that such comments are either sarcastic indifference, or an attempt to incite. C'mon, mannnn.

Oh Gawd, come on OTC I thought we was boys. lol
Share 49ersWebzone