There are 242 users in the forums

***SF 49ERS VS. HOU TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Week 3)***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Nice. I want to see our offense really get going. What's the Texans secondary like?

They added Jonathan Joseph.

And one of the better front 7s in the league. Should be a good test. Hopefully the O-line can keep u the momentum from last game.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Nice. I want to see our offense really get going. What's the Texans secondary like?

They added Jonathan Joseph.

And one of the better front 7s in the league. Should be a good test. Hopefully the O-line can keep u the momentum from last game.

I think they're changing from a 4-3 to 3-4 though. So some of the studs like Mario Williams haven't looked as great standing up and dropping into coverage.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Im excited to see how we stack up against a good team like the Texans, now that we've had several weeks to prepare.
Defense has looked good the past few weeks but I think Andre will blow up our corners.
Texans defense:

DL - J.J. Watt, Shaun Cody, Antonio Smith, Damione Lewis, Earl Mitchell, Tim Bulman
ILB - DeMeco Ryans, Cushing, Adibi, Daryl Sharpton
OLB - Mario Williams, Brooks Reed, Connor Barwin, Tim Dobbins, Steven Friday
CB - J.Joseph, Kareem Jackson, Brandon Harris, Rashad Carmichael, Antwuan Molden
S - Glover Quin, Danieal Manning, Q.Demps

That front 7 of: Watt, Cody, Smith, Williams, Barwin, Ryans, and Cushing is stellar.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Texans defense:

DL - J.J. Watt, Shaun Cody, Antonio Smith, Damione Lewis, Earl Mitchell, Tim Bulman
CB - J.Joseph, Kareem Jackson, Brandon Harris, Rashad Carmichael, Antwuan Molden

That front 7 of: Watt, Cody, Smith, Williams, Barwin, Ryans, and Cushing is stellar.

If the O-lIne can hold then we should be able to do some damage with passes to the RBs and TEs. Outside of Jonathan Joseph, it doesn't seem like their secondary is anything to fear. The Raiders 1st team d-line isn't bad either and we didn't do so bad. I think VD will have a big day.

Maybe more of this? I hope....

11 to 85

11 to 85...again

11 to 85 a third time

Can 9ers replicate?
well it shoud be a good tests for the 49ers ... bring on the cowgirls little sister . the tejanas! GOOD 49ERS FANS! BROTHERS.......................................
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Texans defense:

If the O-lIne can hold then we should be able to do some damage with passes to the RBs and TEs. Outside of Jonathan Joseph, it doesn't seem like their secondary is anything to fear. The Raiders 1st team d-line isn't bad either and we didn't do so bad. I think VD will have a big day.

Maybe more of this? I hope....

11 to 85

11 to 85...again

11 to 85 a third time

Can 9ers replicate?

I think Joseph and last year's first rounder Kareem Jackson will make the best pairing they've had in years, perhaps in the Texan's entire existence thus far. Molden, Harris, and Carmichael round out a now very deep secondary. Quinn is also a very talented player, as is Manning. The group of linebackers is scary.

We'll see how it goes, but Houston REALLY has improved that D. Not just in personnel, but in coaching as well.
Originally posted by 4T9errr:
Defense has looked good the past few weeks but I think Andre will blow up our corners.

i hope our corners get a good lashing from johnson and company-just like the saints unleashing a full out blitzkrieg. the s**t don't count and harbaugh will hopefully use that as a teaching tool. that way, when the season rolls around and the games start to count, we would be ready. go niners!

Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by 4T9errr:

i hope our corners get a good lashing from johnson and company-just like the saints unleashing a full out blitzkrieg. the s**t don't count and harbaugh will hopefully use that as a teaching tool. that way, when the season rolls around and the games start to count, we would be ready. go niners!

I totally agree. The best case scenario in this game is for the offense to maintain competitiveness with their firepower and our defense gets to see some elite talent at the WR and TE positions.
Originally posted by Howlett:
I think they're changing from a 4-3 to 3-4 though. So some of the studs like Mario Williams haven't looked as great standing up and dropping into coverage.

They are changing to a 3-4, but that doesn't mean they have ineffective. Mario Williams hasn't been the same since transitioning to OLB, but he can still rush the passer. Him and Watt are going to be a handful.
Can't wait!!!!
I find it interesting that the Texans plan to gameplan against us. Oh well, it'll be sweeter if we win and no biggie if we lose.
Share 49ersWebzone