Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is our #1 (X) receiver?

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Good question.

I think Edwards should be the #1receiver because he is a proven play-maker.

thats why they the jets let him go.....

but I'm glad we got him

You should really do a little research before you post an opinion that might make you look foolish. The Jets wanted him, but they spent 50 million on Holmes, and spent big on other positions, they made offers, he liked ours better. He is a very good pick up, and we got him for peanuts.

As long as it's not Frank Gore, I'll be happy.
Edwards of course

Figured something funny while we wait on camp news.
Crabs is Ray Gibson, and Edwards is Goldmouth, and Morgan is Claude. And u know who wins that battle. lmao

Goldmouth: Maybe I oughta eat *your* cornbread.

Rayford Gibson: Motherf**ker, you can't have my cornbread. That's for damn sure. You try and take my cornbread, Killing Spree, Part 2 gon' begin up in here on your ass. You thinking about my cornbread, better get the taste out your mouth. That's for damn sure.

Claude Banks: Ray, chill out...

Rayford Gibson: No, f**k him. f**k that, 'cause I'm from New York City, goddammit. Nobody take no cornbread from me. That goes for anyone of you motherf**king farmers who wanna start some s**t. You f**k around with me, there's gonna be consequences and repercussions.
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Aug 5, 2011 at 4:01 PM ]
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by jrg:
Why does everyone hate Crabtree?

Crabtree is still 1. Edwards will take over for Morgan as 2. Not that that's a bad thing..Crabtree has been here and the plays are designed for him to be #1. Both players will get plenty of balls thrown their way.

crabs is better for the y... call it x n y not 1 and 2.... if it makes you happy.

This Crab has more talent IMO but very much more suited for the y. Very good rout runner excent YAC, can't whait to see Crab running the slant,Vernon and Edwards taken the top off the d. You can also have D. Walker working the under routs and very good YAC for a TE... I love how the peices of this offense fits together..
Crabtree is going to sit on his a$$ and collect his checks. He won't be out there getting his pretty face messed up.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
Crabtree is going to sit on his a$$ and collect his checks. He won't be out there getting his pretty face messed up.

I am not sure it will go that way, he is either gonna punk out and demand a trade, or he will realize that he is going to have to compete for the ball and get his ass back to work and take the job seriously.
Crabtree = Diva Edwards = Diva just sign T.O. and make it Diva "cubed". That would be too funny. Crabtree spending practice time shopping at Neeman-Marcus, Edwards at the t*tty bars in Oakland and T.O. skipping practice to hold court in his driveway with his weights. Harbaugh could drop to his knees and wonder "WHY ME".
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Edwards of course

Figured something funny while we wait on camp news.
Crabs is Ray Gibson, and Edwards is Goldmouth, and Morgan is Claude. And u know who wins that battle. lmao

Goldmouth: Maybe I oughta eat *your* cornbread.

Rayford Gibson: Motherf**ker, you can't have my cornbread. That's for damn sure. You try and take my cornbread, Killing Spree, Part 2 gon' begin up in here on your ass. You thinking about my cornbread, better get the taste out your mouth. That's for damn sure.

Claude Banks: Ray, chill out...

Rayford Gibson: No, f**k him. f**k that, 'cause I'm from New York City, goddammit. Nobody take no cornbread from me. That goes for anyone of you motherf**king farmers who wanna start some s**t. You f**k around with me, there's gonna be consequences and repercussions.

tell me about the Boom boom room again Ray
Vernon Davis may not play the "x" but he will be our top receiver this year.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Vernon Davis may not play the "x" but he will be our top receiver this year.

I think Braylon will, followed by Davis, then Morgan. Crabdouche will fall off, and the fans will blame alex.

Edwards. Speed kills. But I think the presence of Edwards could make Crabtree a very good #2.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
idk, but honestly as long as Crabs, Braylon and Morgan are the top 3, im a happy camper come week 1.

Josh Morgan is slowwwwwww. Hopefully Ronald Johnson takes that spot.
I think Williams will be the slot guy, he seems to be the shiftiest out of all our WRs. I think it would be interesting to see Jurovich backing him up. Ginn could back up Edwards and Morgan/Zeigler can back up Crabtree. Ronald Johnson is the wild card in all this, who knows where he'll end up? Either way, the addition of Edwards just pumped up our WR corps bigtime.
Crabtree Inj WK 1 /// Post-Crabtree Inj WK 4

B.Edwards B.Edwards
J.Morgan M.Crabtree
M.Crabtree J.Morgan
R.Johnson R.Johnson
T.Ginn D.Zeigler
D.Zeigler T.Ginn
[ Edited by BloodyGore on Aug 6, 2011 at 1:00 AM ]
Williams needs to learn how to stay healthy if he even wants to play in the NFL. Edwards, Morgan, Crabtree and Ginn are the best we have right now, everyone else is...meh.
Share 49ersWebzone