There are 227 users in the forums

Clements Released

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I don't get how many board members think a restructuring of Clements' contract is a lock, or even a probability.

He knows that the Niners are chasing his replacement, and the moment one of these CB's is signed, he is gone. And, why would he volunteer to restructure? I think he'd rather make $8 million in Baltimore or Tampa than $8 million in SF.

Listen to the Dog.

Congrats on predicting that Nate Clements would get cut, Kreskin. Any foresight on which direction the sun will appear tomorrow morning?

Seriously, there were many on this board who predicted Clements would be cut except we don't make a big production out of our every opinion.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I don't get how many board members think a restructuring of Clements' contract is a lock, or even a probability.

He knows that the Niners are chasing his replacement, and the moment one of these CB's is signed, he is gone. And, why would he volunteer to restructure? I think he'd rather make $8 million in Baltimore or Tampa than $8 million in SF.

Listen to the Dog.

Congrats on predicting that Nate Clements would get cut, Kreskin. Any foresight on which direction the sun will appear tomorrow morning?

Seriously, there were many on this board who predicted Clements would be cut except we don't make a big production out of our every opinion.

Yes Maddog can you predict who we will sign ?
Up for sale Nate Clements jersey with the name and number stitched on. Get it while it's hot. Send me a PM if interested.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by rigs49:
Up for sale Nate Clements jersey with the name and number stitched on. Get it while it's hot. Send me a PM if interested.

Use it for lighting fires because he was good at getting burned.
Originally posted by saniner:

Listen to the Dog.

Only problem is we haven't signed anyone yet. If by the end of tomorrow the only person we've signed is Carr, then I'll be worried.

The Niners appear to have all their chips on the table for Asomugha. Once he signs with the Jets, the team will up the offer to Joseph, who will sign with the Texans. The Niners will probablymove in on Marshall or Carr.

As for the rest of the team, it seems like Kreutz is the target at center. However, he is using the Niners to bump up the amount offered by the Bears. I doubt he really wants to leave after 13 years in Chicago. The fallback center is O'Hara, who was released by the Giants.

I doubt Franklin will be retained. He is probably waiting for Cullen Jenkins contract numbers to be posted.

Manny is going to sign elsewhere. Goldson will probably be re-signed by the team.
Originally posted by susweel:

Listen to the Dog.

I just posted a few seconds ago some of the transactions I see soon.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Listen to the Dog.

I just posted a few seconds ago some of the transactions I see soon.

Nice, I see similar results.

lets see how it plays out
Originally posted by rigs49:

Use it for lighting fires because he was good at getting burned.

You interested?

Listen to the Dog.

I called this last offseason. My comment today was tongue in cheek. But...people should listen to to the Dog..
YESSAIIIIIII!!!!!! Im glad we cut that loser.

Listen to the Dog.

Only problem is we haven't signed anyone yet. If by the end of tomorrow the only person we've signed is Carr, then I'll be worried.

The Niners appear to have all their chips on the table for Asomugha. Once he signs with the Jets, the team will up the offer to Joseph, who will sign with the Texans. The Niners will probablymove in on Marshall or Carr.

As for the rest of the team, it seems like Kreutz is the target at center. However, he is using the Niners to bump up the amount offered by the Bears. I doubt he really wants to leave after 13 years in Chicago. The fallback center is O'Hara, who was released by the Giants.

I doubt Franklin will be retained. He is probably waiting for Cullen Jenkins contract numbers to be posted.

Manny is going to sign elsewhere. Goldson will probably be re-signed by the team.

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
Isaac Sopoaga said he found out yesterday while meeting with DL coach Jim Tomsula he'd be moving to nose tackle for the 49ers.

Listen to the Dog.

If we miss out on Joseph, I would surely be upset. Marshall would be the next best option, but still a big drop-off.

I'd love to see us go after a WR like Steve Smith to bring some consistency on offense. I doubt we make any moves there, but that would be an option I would love.

Listen to the Dog.

Makes sense, but I hope you are wrong. Plus I think their will be a wildcard signing at WR or FS.
So where are the 9ers at the salary cap, now that Nate is gone.
Originally posted by OO9ers:
So where are the 9ers at the salary cap, now that Nate is gone.

25ish I think
Share 49ersWebzone