LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 337 users in the forums

Most annoying thing last year

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Most annoying thing last year

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm going with the DB's always playing off the line. Standing 8 yards in the endzone when the ball is on the 2 gets hard to watch.

this
Beating ourselves and coaching seemed to be the theme last year....

-I'll add the free first downs from jumping off-sides 5 times a game (Brooks especially) and then making it worse by standing there instead of getting after the QB. The refs will blow the play dead if you get too close. Instead you give them a free play with one less rusher.
-Fumbles at the worst times... Adams, Walker, Clements, Smith, etc
-Prevent defense that cost us a bunch of games
-Not closing out games or sitting on small leads against great teams....
-Not being able to win on the road
-Slow getting in and/or bad play calling
-Oh and some times it seems like we where just plain unlucky.

The ones you mentioned where also annoying. I would say the cushion is the worst of those.
mike singletary
not getting plays in on time...leading to buring time outs...delay of game...and not being able to audible out of the call when seeing how the def. is lined up....
Originally posted by Hitman49:
not getting plays in on time...leading to buring time outs...delay of game...and not being able to audible out of the call when seeing how the def. is lined up....

More than anything else, THAT was the one thing all of my Saints friends laughed at and I had to listen to...

How ridiculous and embarassing for a team that can not even get their plays in to the QB on time....
Originally posted by Hitman49:

and in fumbling at the worst time and tipped interceptions and you have 90% of our losses in a nutshell.

For a coach that preached "finishing" with Fire&brimstone sermons, that was the one thing our team couldn't do.
Can I pick all and "other"

So many things that I really can't decide what was most annoying.
Bowman Getting owned by jukes or whatever head fake by anyone who had the ball in the open field near him.

(ie: Kolb in that Eagles game)
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:
Can I pick all and "other"

So many things that I really can't decide what was most annoying.

Actually, I remember now. The most annoying thing was Raider fans at Candlestick. Yup, nothing can top how annoying Raider fans were/are. I choose 'other.'

tipped ints to gore and crabtree if not for some of those we would of had the division at 8-8. (saints and atl....even phii if not for the fluke play strip smith and return it for a td.....9-7)

Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
mike singletary
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
mike singletary
how can you post all those things and not mention alex smith? he was, and is the most annoying, frustrating, disapointing thing to ever hit the 49ers! its a good thing my tv didnt break when i punched it while watching him do his best qb impersination, cause id be sending his overpaid ass the bill! my answer, and the only obvious answer.....
ALEX SMITH!!!
How by week 5 we were already looking to the draft
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
How by week 5 we were already looking to the draft

some of us still had hope... till we lost to the panthers.. (unless the panthers loss was week 5)
Share 49ersWebzone