LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Ray McDonald wants to be a starter, why the hell shouldn't he be?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I can't believe I was defending Lawson....

Come on brother! There were a ton of fans (and coaches probably) who wanted him back. But it's a win-win b/c Brooks got his chance and shined and is a perfect fit for our 3-4. Lawson is also on a good team, in a 4-3 defense (better suited for him) and he'll do well there too. No more pressure of having to be the "#1 draft choice and sack master." Win-win! And hey, honestly, would MadDog49er or any other fan come back and admit to being wrong? Not sure but kudos to you, man!

... I really liked Manny. Felt he had limitations as a rusher, but still thought he had plenty of usefulness to our D.

he didn't suck.
I liked Manny BUT he just didn't make the big plays everyone thought he would when he was drafted.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I liked Manny BUT he just didn't make the big plays everyone thought he would when he was drafted.

Underachiever... Liked him but his inability to get to the qb frustrated me. Good riddance.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
After reading of the newly proposed CBA rules regarding 4 and 5 year vets to now be unrestricted free-agents, it was interesting to see Barrow's article about Ray McDonald.

For the the past several years, I could never understand why this team hasn't played him more. For the very limited time he sees on the field, he seems to be a very good playmaker.

He has the ability to pressure/sack the QB, deflect passes and, as mentioned in the article, returned a INT for a TD against Carolina last year.

I'm hoping the new regime is smart enough to see that this guy makes plays and making plays is exactly what this team lacks on defense (excluding Willis, Spikes and J. Smith) As far as I can see, he hasn't given any reason to warrant sitting on the bench as much as he does. I don't see why they have only included him in situational 3rd down pass-rushing situations.

With Franklin seeking a big pay day and Sopaga being a mediocre DE at best, maybe moving Ice to NT and starting McDonald is even better than resigning Franklin.

Bottom-line is, I've questioned why they don't start McDonald for the past 3 years and I'm curious if anyone else has been baffled by this as well.

Thoughts?

<span class="editedby">[ Edited by NinerPrideinNJ on Jun 21, 2011 at 23:19:18 ]</span>

PSYCHIC
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

he didn't suck.

Lawson has more value then haralson
Share 49ersWebzone